Chapter 15

C.P.O.V.

I got out of the hospital a week before Jace. It had definitely been a longer stay then the doctors had anticipated, but I wasn't doing well with my physical therapy. It still pained me to walk or move for a long time. After getting out, I had a half healed scar on my stomach, but a new attitude for life. I would have to live every day like it was my last day on Earth. I told Jace this when I visited him yesterday, before he got out of the hospital. He had smiled at me, and agreed. There was a myth that humans used to have four arms, four legs, two heads, etc., and then they were cut in half, forming two people. Jace was definitely my counterpart, and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. I know I was in my senior year of high school, and I was only 18, but I had a gut feeling that Jace and I would grow old together. We had already gone through so much, and we haven't even graduated yet. Tomorrow, we would both go back to school. Prom was just around the corner, and so was graduation. Jace, Izzy, Simon, and I had gotten into a local college, so we would still be close to each other and our family members but we could also pursue our dreams. I got out of bed and put on a bath robe. I cleaned up my room, which looked like a tornado had gone through it. When my stomach started to hurt, I laid down on the couch and started watching Netflix. My mom and Luke were out choosing their wedding cake and food. About an hour into my tv show marathon, I heard a knock on the door. I froze unintentionally, when I heard a familiar voice call out. "Don't worry, It's Jace. I relaxed and opened up the door. Jace was carrying a box, which contained one of my favorite foods of all time, pizza.I didn't see it yet but I knew the pizza would be amazing, and it smelled delicious. I clapped my hands together, laughing. "Thanks." I said kissing him on his cheek. He ran his hand through his golden hair as he sat down. "What's bothering you? How are you feeling?" Jace held up his hands. "Fine, I, uh just have something to ask you." "Ok?" I said, now nervous. He handed me the box of pizza. I opened them, to find the most amazing surprise ever. On the pizza, 'Prom?' was spelled with pepperonis. I was sure my mouth was hanging open, but when I looked over to Jace, he was kneeling on the ground. "One: Yes I will go to prom with you, you dork. Second: What are you doing on the ground?" Jace retrieved something from his back pocket, and opened it. "Don't worry, I'm not proposing." "Yet." he added, smirking. "I just wanted to give you this ring, as a promise ring, because I'm never going to leave you, Clary, I promise." I pressed my hand to my mouth. He stood up, and carefully slid the ring onto my ring finger. I hugged him. "I love you more everyday, Jace." I whispered. He pulled out of the hug and kissed me. We kissed for a few minutes, but then stopped. I leaned against Jace's chest as he turned on the news. The anchor was discussing Valentine, and Jace quickly changed the channel. I told him to change it back. I reassured him that I was fine with seeing this. They were talking about Hodge and Sebastian. "Surprisingly, these two are related. Hodge gave away a baby to an adoption agency 18 years ago, since he was apparently unable to care for him. More on this story later at 7." "That's what Hodge meant" I said, suddenly realizing something. Jace shot me a questioning look. "Hodge didn't want Sebastian to know that he was his father, and if he helped me escape, Valentine would of told Sebastian. Guess it's all out in the open now." I said, shrugging. "But, what about my parents, Clary? What happened to them?" I took his hand. "We'll find out, Jace, I promise." I reassured him while looking at my new ring. "I hope you're right." he said, putting an arm around my shoulder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the day of prom. I had just gotten dressed in a blue gown, which was had one strap covered in beads and designs. It had been a very generous present from Luke. I just finished putting on my makeup, when I heard the door open. "There's my gorgeous prom date." Jace said picking me up and twirling around. "Dress! Dress!" I exclaimed. He reluctantly put me down, and then looked up and down, taking me in. I walked over to him, and closed his slightly open mouth. "You look stunning." "You're not so bad yourself, Goldilocks." We had a couple minutes to ourselves before my mom swooped in and took a bunch of pictures. "Your first prom!" she said. I smiled at her, and then looked up Jace, smiling at him too. "That's such a cute picture!" She showed us the picture. I was looking up and smiling at Jace, and he was looking down at me, and smiling as well. "Shorty." Jace said, sticking his tongue out at me. I playfully punched his arm. "Thanks for taking these pictures." I said and then kissed her on the cheek. "Love you, and have a good night." "Thanks mom! Love you too!" We exited the apartment building where right on cue, Izzy, Simon, Magnus, and Alec pulled up. "Let's go to prom!" Izzy screamed. I laughed and climbed into the car. Izzy looked beautiful in a black dress, Simon looked handsome in a tux, Magnus looked glittery and sharp in a suit, and Alec looked happy just to be with Magnus. We continued onto prom. The theme was A Night in Paris, and it was beautiful. Soft, sparkling lights were everywhere. There was a mini Eiffel tower, and a fake love lock bridge were you could write you and your date's name on it. All of us hurried over to the love lock bridge. Jace and I put our names on one, and so did the rest of our friends. After that, we went over to chat with some friends. Then, we went to dance on the dance floor. All of the Lightwood's were showing off their dance moves, along with Magnus, while Simon and I were just swaying awkwardly. It was the same as Homecoming. But, it didn't matter, because we were having fun. A slow song came on and Jace took my hand. "I'm going to show you how to dance, and at the end of the night, you're going to be amazing." I nodded, and followed Jace in the dance. He spun me around, and put his hands around my waist, bringing us closer together. Our eyes met. "Clary Fray, I am going to marry you." "I'll make sure to plan on it." I replied, bringing my hands up to his face. We kissed for a brief moment. "Later" he said simply. "Later?" I said in a mock disgust. He laughed, and then pulled me back closer to him. We danced for a few more minutes, and time seemed to fly by. People were already leaving. We joined back up with our friends, and spent the night dancing, not a single care in the world. We reluctantly went back to the Lightwood's house, we didn't want to go to an afterparty. Maryse and Robert were asleep. I had never met Robert before, he was always away on business trips. Izzy had once explained that he didn't know his own children that well, and he still didn't accept Alec's sexuality. We sat down in our dresses, suits, and tuxes, and begin to play Cards Against Humanity while drinking beer. This was our interesting afterparty. I glanced around at my friends, each one of them laughing and having a great time. These were my best friends, and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.