Chapter 21

C.P.O.V

"It's beautiful!" Isabelle exclaimed. Everyone was gathered around me, examining my ring. "I know it's soon, but I'm excited to spend my life with Jace." I said, kissing him quickly on the cheek. "Stop the PDA, Clary." Simon exclaimed. "Oh is someone feeling left out?" I put my arm around him and gave tousled his hair. "Hey! It took me a while to get that like that." "Sorry dude." "Hey guys! Dinner is ready!" Alec called from the dining room. We were having a Friendsgiving, and so far it was a blast. Jace and I had hosted, which called for us to actually clean up around her. Every since Jace had proposed, we had been... Well, I blushed to think about it. But, we were happy. And I had a feeling this happiness would last for a long time. We had to figure our stuff out, about each of our families. When we did, we realized we were each other's family. And we always would be. "Whatcha thinking 'bout, Red?" "Just how lucky I am to have found you." I said. Lips brushed mine and I returned the favor. Alec cleared his throat, rather loudly. "Sorry" I said, grinning sheepishly. But then I couldn't help but laugh. Alec was covered in flour dough and Magnus had a "Kiss the Cook" apron on. And could you guess what the writing was made out of? Glitter. "Alec, this is no different from when I asked you about the spot on your neck and you said you fell." Jace said, his eyes full of mischief. Alec looked away and blushed. "So, what are you making for me bro?" He said putting his arm around him. "I made a pie. But its for everyone else except you." Jace looked wary. "And why is that?" "Because I'm not your bitch." Everyone exploded into laughter. "All right guys, dinner is ready!" Magnus sang. Alec chuckled and planted a kiss on Magnus' cheek. In a quiet voice, Magnus said: "More later?" I don't think I was supposed to hear that. When we had all sat down, everyone looked at me. Jace nudged me. "You first, Red." I drew in a big breath. "Okay. I'm thankful for all of you here today. You guys are the best friends I've ever and will ever have. I just wanted to thank you for being with me every step of the way. For helping me when I first came to the high school." I said glancing toward Izzy and Simon. "For showing me how to love." I looked up at Jace. "And showing me that everything is possible if you try." I smiled at Alec and Magnus. "You have helped not only me, but Jace with our families, and I am forever grateful. Thank you." I smiled at everyone, my eyes tearing up. After everyone said their thanks, we dug into the food. And it was delicious. "When are you having your wedding?" Isabelle asked. "We were thinking about January. We want it to be small, only with close friends and family. Speaking of, Isabelle Lightwood, would you be my maid of honor?" "Obviously!" Izzy said, giving me a huge hug. "Darn it, I though I was up for that position." Magnus said. "You were definitely a close second." Jace interrupted. "Alec Lightwood, would you be my best man?" "Obviously!" Alec replied, copying Izzy. Jace laughed for about a good minute afterwards. "Simon and Magnus, will you be my groomsmen?" "It would be my Jedi honor, Obi-Wan." "Cool it, my young padawan. What about you, Magnus?" "Of course, why wouldn't I? You've supported Alexander and I since day one, and I couldn't be more grateful." Jace gave Simon and Magnus a quick hug and pat on the back, which was what he referred to "guy style".  After everyone had cleaned up, we watched the re-run of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and we made a plan to go next year. When everyone left, Jace and I looked around us, and were so grateful. We sat on the couch, eating apple pie, watching the special holiday episodes for all our favorite shows. "I love you so much." I said, leaning into him and pulling the blanket up. "Me too." he replied. "So much so, that I have to do this." I looked up at him, confused. Little did I know, he had whipped cream in his hand from our leftover pie. "Jace.. Think very carefully about your next move." "You're right, I wouldn't do that to you." I put my hands on his face, and kissed him. The next moment I felt a cool sensation on the side of my face. It was the whipped cream. "I hate you!" I said, laughing. I ran to our kitchen and got the remaining whipped cream. "I surrender! You always win the food fights." "I love how we act like we're twelve instead of eighteen." "This is true." he said, chuckling. "How about I give you a surprise and you won't whip cream me?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "Bring it on, dude." He disappeared and brought back his phone and the speaker. The speaker started blaring music from Magic Mike, and Jace took his shirt off and started dancing. Man, this was funny, but it was actually kinda hot. "You can actually use the whipped cream." he said jokingly. "You asked for it." I said. About ten minutes later, I was on Jace's back and he was giving me a piggyback ride while I was screaming "Best Thanksgiving ever!!". After a couple hours of acting like complete maniacs, we finally went to bed. I was getting changed into my Pjs, when Jace started talking. He was a little drunk, so I wasn't sure what was going to come out of his mouth. "You're so damn beautiful, Clary Fray. I'm so goddamn in love with you and I can't stand not being married to you for another second." "Well," I said, tracing his chest, "Maybe we can push it up a month." "Or maybe, we can push it up to tomorrow?" "Do you think you can actually do that?? And do you want to? I don't even have a wedding dres-" "You'll look beautiful in whatever you wear. And yes, I want to. I'm so in love with you and I can't wait to start my life with you." I leaned over and kissed him with all my love, all my passion. When I pulled away, he took the back of my neck and said "Not so fast. After a heated minute, we broke apart.  "I really want to do this." I whispered. "I do too, Red."

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! I am so thankful for everyone of my followers that has supported this story. I'm also thankful for nearly 6,000 reads! Oh my god! I never thought I would make it this far. You guys are amazing and I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!