Chapter 10

C.P.O.V

It had been two months since I told Jace I loved him. Two months full of happiness.Although, here I was, in a truck with my hands bound together with a rope. But, let's rewind to twenty four hours ago.

I was moving back into my mom's apartment, because Valentine had not tried to contact us for a while. We hoped he was gone. It felt nice waking up in my own bed, but I missed the comfort of Jace's arms around me. It was a Tuesday, which meant I had school. I rolled out of bed and quickly got dressed for the day. I greeted my mom and Luke with a smile. Oh, I should probably mention something. Last week, Luke took my mom out to dinner and proposed to her. She said yes. Their wedding was in 5 months, and I had the honor of being a bridesmaid. I was excited that I would have a new dad, somebody who actually cared about me. Although, he technically would be my step dad, I was still happy to add him to our small family. I eat breakfast and took a couple sips of coffee, when I heard a car horn honk. I grabbed a coat for the brisk late February air, and headed out. Jace was in the driver's seat, and had saved the passengers' seat for me. Izzy and Simon were in the back, where Simon was talking about Star Wars. Isabelle just laughed and nodded, happy to talk about Simon's interests but also confused about what a Ewok was. I greeted Jace with a kiss and we were off to school. The day went by so slowly, since I only had AP Chem with Jace, and it was at the end of the day. Luckily, I had a couple of classes with Izzy and Simon. We all met at lunch, where Jace sat with us now. "Jace" I said as he sat down. He looked at me with a curious expression. "I remember in the beginning of the year when I saw you over at that lunch table, with your football friends". "I was such a tool, but thanks to you I'm a different person" he beamed. I kissed him, but he broke away. "I don't want to cause a scene like me and Aline did". I laughed. "How is she, anyway"? "I don't know, the only time I see her is when she tries to flirt with me". "Really"? I was surprised, I didn't know that was happening. I also didn't know why he didn't tell me but he must of thought it wasn't that big of a deal. I decided to push it away. I played with the necklace that he had given me, remembering that night. Lunch ended, and we made our way to the last class of the day, AP Chem. I plopped down next to Jace, and took out my notes. I looked around the room to find Mr.Starkweather's eyes on me. He had been staring at me like that since the first day of school. Weird. He got up when all of my classmates had entered the room, and began to drone on about various chemical bonds. The class went by slowly, but went a little faster than normal because Jace and I had been passing notes back and forth. I felt like a middle schooler. I exited the classroom, telling Jace I would meet him at my locker. I gathered my materials and went to my locker to put my books away. When I was walking up, I saw a blonde and black hair on two people, who were surprisingly very, very close together. To my horror, I saw it was Aline and Jace, kissing. I know what you're thinking, usual high school drama. But no, this didn't happen to me and Jace. I blinked away hot tears, turning away, not bothering to confront him because I was too upset. I desperately half-ran to Mr. Starkweather's room, because I had forgotten my notebook there. I heard Jace call my name behind me. I rushed on to the classroom, but I wasn't fast enough. Jace caught up to me and pushed me into the nearest empty classroom. "Jace, leave me alone"! Jace grabbed my hands and put them in his. "Aline kissed me, Clary. I would never do anything to hurt you". "Are you sure Jace, because you hadn't told me she had been flirting with you for months". "Do you really not trust me, or are you just looking for a way to end this?" Jace questioned. "Wh-Why would you ever say anything like that"? "After what happened with your dad, I know you don't want to be close to anyone, and I don't blame you. But I'm not going to hurt you Clary". "Jace, I got to go, okay. I left my notebook in Mr.Starkweather's classroom". "I'll come with you". I shook my head. "I need some time alone". Jace opened his mouth to talk, but shut it, knowing I was right. "I'll talk to you later" I muttered. He shook his head and I exited the vacant room. I knocked on the door, and heard "come in". "Sorry, I forgot my notebook in here" I explained. Mr.Starkweather nodded his head, his eyes darting around. I picked up my notebook. "Is everything ok"? I asked. He shook his head quickly. Well, that's weird I thought. I was about to exit the room, where I felt a cloth over my mouth. "No" I mumbled as I faded into darkness. And here I was, many hours later, in a truck with my hands and feet bound with rope. I looked up and saw no one other than Valentine driving the car, and Mr.Starkweather in the passenger seat. Valentine turned back, his white hair shining. "Hello, daughter" he said, smiling. Well this day sucks, I thought, as I passed out for a second time.