"Graduates, please report to the gym. I repeat, all graduates please report to the gym. The ceremony will begin shortly, so I ask that anybody who is here to watch the graduation to begin making your way to your seats. Thank you." I look towards the stage to see that the speaker was Ms. Kraemer. She's wearing a red robe with a pretty red and white floral print dress and red heels. Trey, Jamie, Paris, and I say goodbye to our families before making our way to the gym. When we reach our destination the room is full of noise. We all go to our respective spots in the two lines. Although everyone is in alphabet order I'm standing in the front of the first line. Since I'm Valedictorian I'll be leading one of the lines and the Salutatorian, Jason Desig, will lead the other. 

     "Ok, everybody quiet!" A teacher named Mr. Hammel shouts. After a few seconds the room is quiet and he begins to speak. 

     "When the music starts I want you to begin the march just like we did at practice. Got it?" He asks. A chorus of yes's fill the room and Mr. Hammel smiles. Soon the traditional graduation music begins to play and we begin the march. When we reach the football field people begin to applaud and whistle. Jason and I make our way onto the stage and stand next to the Principal and Vice Principal while the other graduates continue to their seats. Once every graduate is situated the Principal begins speaking. 

      "Good Evening Honored Guests , Ladies and Gentlemen. A graduation ceremony is always such a special occasion - the culmination of years of hard work; the actualization of goals attained and the acknowledgement of successes achieved. So, it is only fitting that tonight we commemorate the road that we have all traveled together these last few years...." Ms. Kraemer gives her speech and afterwards the president of the school's alumni puts in a few encouraging words. A girl who earned a music scholarship to NYU sings 'I Believe I Can Fly' before I give the Valedictorian speech. The Salutatorian reads off a poem and the handing out of the diplomas begin. 

     "Before we begin I ask everyone to hold their applause until the last person has received their diploma." The principal says. She smiles knowing full well that know one would listen to the request. 

     The principal begins to call off names and graduates walk up to the podium to receive their diploma and shake hands with the principal. Clapping as loud as thunder, shouts, and congrats can be heard from the stands. When Paris is called up, he picks Ms. Kraemer up and spins her around before grabbing his diploma. Every one laughs and awws when he kisses me before departing from the stage. Ms. Kraemer shakes her head as if saying 'what am I going to do with that boy' and continues. Once everybody has received their diploma the noise has quieted down, and the only sound Is the occasional cry of a toddler. 

      "So, in closing, I'd like to thank you all for attending and I'm sure you are all proud of the achievements of those here who have graduated." Ms. Kraemer says before looking at the students and smiles. Her smile is warm and kind, eyes full of wisdom. 

     "Students, remember that if 'Vertitas' is a virtue, then 'Brevitas' is a necessity. Truth and Brevity will take you far. Yet, look not for distances in this physical world of ours; for here, you will merely find miles and metres. Look for distances within; and within there are none, for the inner spirit is so vast that it cannot be measured in distances; or in numbers. Climb every mountain. Ford every stream. Grow so far, grow so much, that you cannot be measured. On the eve of your graduation, my best wishes to you my dear ones is to find every joy in your life. Be blessed, walk in the path of good, and always find the strength to take the next step. With that said, congratulations to the Class of 2013!" Ms. Kraemer finishes. All the graduates stand up and we throw our caps in the air. Graduates begin to dance, laugh, and sing, hugging their friends in excitement. Shouts and yips can be heard all around as black and red confetti is shot from moderate sized cannons. I laugh as Paris runs to me and sweeps me into his strong arms. He spins me around and and plants a sweet kiss on my lips. His eyes are twinkling and a large smile is on his face.