16. Foreign

I don't think I've ever legitimately cried for a girl, especially right in front of her face. Tonight, a lot of emotions were let out between Mira and I. I wasn't sure what to feel, but I knew that I genuinely loved her. It was all so weird and I hadn't felt anything like this in years. My past was brought up and my lies were uncovered, but thankfully she put all of that aside. I'd never do anything to hurt her. That was the stupid, young version of me. I wasn't mature and I was still f-cked up, but I was still better than what I was years ago.

When Mira pulled away from the kiss and asked me to make love to her I didn't want to do nothing but that. I wanted to take her to her room and show her just how much I cared, but for some reason I declined her offer. It was unlike me and even I was a bit taken back by my own answer. "You don't want to," she whispered to me a bit confusedly. She was probably a bit frustrated. I've been trying to get in her pants from the beginning, but now all of a sudden I didn't want to. Just not yet. I wanted to wait.

"Not tonight," I told her softly. "I love you and I don't want to leave. We can go up to your room but I think we should wait a bit." She raised a brow up at me and an amusing small smile came to her lips. I chuckled a bit. Of course, she was going to tease me about this.

"Oh, does Arden not give it up on the first official date," she asked as she giggled a little. I watched as Mira turned around and unlocked the door to her home. She grabbed my hand and quickly pulled me upstairs as if she didn't want anyone to see me. I hadn't sneaked into a girl's house since high school and this was very reminiscent of that. I guess Mira didn't want her sister's to know about me just yet. Plus she even said that her oldest sister didn't even like me. If she didn't like me by what she saw on the television then I knew she wasn't going to like me in person because I was ten times worse, especially when I got in one of my moods. I admit that sometimes I tend to be too vulgar, or loud but it wasn't like I was trying to offend anyone. I just liked having fun.

When we got into Mira's room. She shut the door and locked it to make sure one of her sisters didn't come barging in. Her room was neat as f-ck, way neater than mine. It seemed like she had everything organized to the tee. I looked around as she went to go lie on her bed. On her dresser, she had a family portrait of who I assumed was her parents, her and her two sisters. They made a good-looking family. It was sad that both of her parents weren't alive. I'm not sure how I would be able to cope if my mother died. If my dad died, I wouldn't give a f-ck. Actually, for all I know, my dad could be dead right now. F-cking asshole.

I stopped looking at the picture and stared over at the beautiful girl who was lying on her bed staring at me. She gave me a soft smile once our eyes met each other's. "Your family seemed really happy," I told her once I walked over to the bed. After kicking off my shoes, I lied down next to my girlfriend who I nearly lost today. I pulled her in my arms and held her a little too tightly. It hurt like hell to see her break down and cry for me today. All because I couldn't be honest about my f-cked up past. I wouldn't lie to her anymore though. That was for sure.

"Yeah, we still are happy. Our family is just a bit smaller now," Mira said as she snuggled into me. I kissed her forehead as I ran my fingers through her hair. "Sure, my sisters and I fight like almost every day, but we love each other. Rose is a bit hard on me, but she's hard on Petra too. She just wants the best for us." I smiled a little. From the picture, Mira's siblings seemed sweet as f-ck. Even if this Rose didn't like me, I guess I could somehow sweep her off her feet as her sister's girlfriend.

"Can I meet them," I asked Mira. In response to my question, the girl cuddled into me began laughing into my chest. I furrowed my brows as I stared down at her. What was so funny? I really wanted to meet her sisters. If they were anything like her then I knew I would love them. "What," I asked after a while of just hearing Mira laugh at my serious question. She looked up to me with glistening eyes and a stupid smile appeared on my face automatically. F-ck her for being so damn adorable.