Chapter 15

"I can't believe that you talked Rachel into letting us change outside today, Quinn," Brittany smiled as she stripped off her clothes.

"It is the last day of the full moon," Quinn explained. "She owed me one good run."

"Hey," the alpha defended. "I still think this is a bad idea, so I'm taking precautions. Santana is nearby and protected by charms. If anything happens, she'll be here to get help. But, we have to get ready, because here comes the moon."

...

Russell was on a mission. When Finn told him that his daughter was dating a werewolf, he knew that he had to face his fears and hunt them to save his daughter. He couldn't have those wolves corrupting her any longer. He searched for the wolves all night last night with no luck. So far, tonight hadn't been much better. It was almost sunrise and he hadn't spotted any wolves yet.

Finally, he heard a howl and smiled. He quickly went towards the sound.

...

"Brit, stop," Santana called from inside her car. "I know you want me out there with you, and I do too, but I can't. I'm supposed to be keeping an eye out for Quinn's dad." The wolf whined. "Don't look at me like that. Go play. I'll be here when you get back."

Brittany pouted and walked off, while Santana lay back down in her car. Suddenly, she heard a loud bang. She knew what that meant. She needed to get help. She quickly pulled out her cell phone and pressed three numbers.

She listened until she heard the operator prompt her. "911, where is your emergency?"

...

"Damn," Russell swore as he missed. He saw a flash of white fur and quickly tried to figure out where it was going. He knew that the gunfire may have alerted other wolves to him, but he had to save his daughter. And to do that, he had to kill Rachel. And to save himself, he had to kill her pack. Because surely, they would never let a member of the pack die unavenged. He needed to wipe them out.

He shot again only this time there was a low whimper that erupted after. He got one. He headed over to the sound of the whimper and found the white lying down with a graze on its side, whimpering in pain. Now, the Fabray man was glad that he invested in silver bullets. He bets that if it was a regular metal one, the wolf would have still run away.

He heard heavy footsteps close in and he knew the other wolves would be getting close.

"Mr. F," Santana screamed. "No!" She quickly rushed to her mate and got between the wolf and the gun wielding man.

"Get out of the way!"

"I won't let you hurt her!"

Angrily, he used his shotgun to push the Latina, who was knocked unconscious when her head hit the ground. The wolf growled and tried to get up and reach the other girl, but it was no use. Brittany wasn't strong enough to move. The silver that cut her severely weakened her.

Russell cocked the gun again in Brittany's direction, but before he could get off the killing shot, he felt a big weight on his back and a searing pain in his neck. The man fell to the ground under the weight and pain as the black wolf growled on top of him. Thinking quick, Russell grabbed his other concealed weapon, a silver knife and slashed at one of her paws.

Rachel dropped in pain and Russell used the opportunity to roll her off his back. He crawled up and swiped at her again, nicking her across one of her front legs.

Quinn felt her mate weaken and it was killing her. The gray wolf finally stepped out of hiding and growled loudly at her father.

"Another one," he swore. "How many of you fuckers are there?"

The gray wolf crept closer to her father, but was immediately stopped by the alpha.

"Quinn, go back. I don't want him to hurt you," Rachel yelled to her.

"I don't want him to hurt you," the blonde girl replied.

"I don't care what happens to me. I'm going to keep you safe." Rachel gathered her strength and got up as Russell targeted his daughter. The alpha bit hard into his thigh and tried to tear at the flesh, but with her limited strength, it wasn't as effective as she intended. But, it did turn the man's attention back on Rachel.

But, neither girl realized that the moon had gone until Quinn howled in pain at the change. Russell scrambled to his gun and pointed it at the two changing wolves. He watched in horror, unable to turn away, as the gray wolf became his daughter. Quickly, he turned and pointed the gun at Rachel.

"You did this to her," he sneered, cocking his gun.

"Daddy, don't," Quinn cried. "Please."

"How can you ask me that after she did this to you? She took what she wanted from you and now I lost you. Let me save you."

The blonde rushed over to her mate and covered the brunette's aching body with her own. "No, daddy. I love her. I won't let you do this."

"Then you no longer are a daughter of mine," he answered pointing the gun at Quinn.

"No," the alpha called as she threw her body over the blonde's. Rachel screamed in pain as the silver bullet pierced her side.

Russell took aim again, when sirens quickly flooded the area. "Drop the weapon," a police officer demanded. "We have you surrounded."

The man froze, contemplating shooting again at his daughter, but decided against it. He figured there was no way for him to get a second shot in without getting shot himself. He placed his shotgun on the ground and put his hands on top his head.

Police officers rushed the area, two headed towards Russell to arrest him while others headed towards Rachel, Quinn, Brittany, and Santana.

"I'm okay," Quinn yelled as the officers and EMTs approached her. "Go to her," she pointed to her mate. She's been shot.

"Silver," Rachel mumbled. "Get...out...now."

"We need to get the paramedics over her now," one of the EMTs called out. "We have silver poisoning."

Quinn grabbed a hold of Rachel's hand. "I got you, baby."

"Don't...touch...burns," the alpha stammered.

"Mam," the paramedic started. "We need to take her."

"I won't leave her," the blonde stated firmly.

"We need to get the silver out as soon as possible if we are going to save her. And you have to be checked out, too."

"But..."

"Q...go," the alpha ordered weakly.

Quinn cried as the EMTs led her away. She could feel her mate fading quickly and she didn't like it one bit.

...

"Brittany! Brittany," Santana called as she regained consciousness.

"I'm right here," the blonde werewolf answered, grabbing her hand.

"How is everyone?"

"Rachel's hurt bad. Quinn's okay."

"And you?"

"I think I'm going to need stitches. And it burns from the silver, but it didn't get in my blood enough to do any real damage. How are you feeling?"

"Tired. And dizzy."

Brittany pulled her mate in close to her. "I got you."

"Ow," Santana mumbled as she was moved. The Latina checked where she felt the pain and noticed a decent sized gash on her left shoulder and a big gash on her right leg. "I must have gotten cut in the fall."

"Sanny," the werewolf started.

"I'm okay. Where were you shot?"

"This side," Brittany gestured towards her right. Santana quickly placed her fingers at her mate's wound and coated them with the blonde's blood. "What are you doing?"

"I'm ready," Santana answered as she dipped her fingers into her wound and lost consciousness again.

Brittany held her close until they were separated by the EMTs and taken to the hospital.