Chapter 38: Cut The Shit

I called Mackenzie that night but she didn't answer, Friday she said I could come over and talk to her. I was extremely nervous while riding to her house, I didn't know and don't know how she'll react to anything I'll say. You can always tell with different situations how people will react to certain things, I expected Mackenzie to go ape shit....but she didn't. She acted calm, then told me off when we got outside, yet still....she didn't go off like I expected her to. That's what scared me the most, her not having a crazy reaction.

Making it to her house I pulled into the driveway. I'm guessing she was waiting for me to pull up because she immediately opened the door when I got out of the car. I walked up to her front porch smoothly, I wrapped my arm around her waist and tried kissing her, but she turned away. I watched as she closed the front door behind her.

"We're not going inside?" I asked, looking down at her.

"No, we can sit on the porch." Ken sat down on the first front stair, watching her sit, I did the same thing.

"Yeah...I wanted to talk about the other day." I said, rubbing the nap of my neck awkwardly.

"Ok, I'm listening." She stared at me blankly.

"I didn't tell you about meeting up with Lauren because it was about the baby, she said she wanted to talk about it. I always had this hope that she would admit to her wrong doing."

Mackenzie didn't say anything but chucked while listening to me.

"You and I both know that's bullshit." She started laughing and looking into the street.

"There's no reason to laugh...I'm trying to talk to you."

"Nah, there is a reason to laugh. You fucked her. From how you were acting the other day...y'all had a relationship. So, you already know her ass and you knew she wasn't going to talk about the baby. You already know what kind of girl Lauren is Ryan, please don't act new about the situation."

"You're not listening to me."

"No, I am listening to you and guess what...I'm even reading in between the lines. When were you going to tell me you had feelings for her?" She asked, scrunching up her nose.

The question caught me completely off guard, I didn't expect her to know. I for sure didn't expect her to ask me about it, her being completely calm about the situation is freaking me out. I would much rather her cursing at me, at least I can see she cares.

"I didn't know.."

"You know what's funny? It's funny that you all of a sudden found these deep dark feelings for her when I gave you your first nut."

"You know it's not like that at all Ken, I wouldn't do you like that."

"It sure looks that way, it looked that way when you didn't tell me about going out with her, it looked that way when you told me about your relationship with her, and it looks that way with you saying you have feeling for her." She named off everything using her fingers.

"Bab-"

"No man, that baby, boo, bae shit is not going to work. You need to tell me the truth and I want to know now."

"We did have a relat-" Mackenzie went to leave but I stopped her.

"Let me go."

"Please listen to me...please just sit back down." She slowly sat back down but placed a lot more space between us.

"I'm listening..."

"Lauren and I dated for six months, we were really serious. Everyone thought we were just messing around but we were really dating, when she got pregnant I was happy. I thought I really loved and cared for her, but when she was pregnant I found out she cheated on me. I broke up with her but still wanted to be in the baby's life, that's when she started partying hard."

"Ha..." She chucked, shaking her head.

"Ken...stop."

"Stop what Ryan? You should stop with these long, dramatic, silly stories. Since the beginning I've told you the truth about everything...yet you can't seem to find your way to the truth."

"I'm not trying to lie to you, I'm trying my best."

"You're not trying your best though, what else did you have to tell me?"

"The other day I was thinking about breaking up with you and going with Lauren.." I didn't want to tell her but I had to, if she deals with me again I have to do my best.

"Are you serious?" I could see she was obviously angry.

"Yeah....seeing her brought up some feels I didn't know I had anymore."

"Ha.."

"Can you say something?" I asked, trying to make eye contact with her.

"I'mma tell you one thing, I come second to no bitch. I'm not no second place runner up, and I'm giving you one day to figure out what you want to do, and if you don't figure it out. Forget my number, my name, and my house...bye."

Mackenzie waited no time to walk in the house and shut the door behind her. I still sat on the porch processing what she was saying, everything that's happened today caught me off guard. All I want to do is not make any more mistakes.