chapter.11

Eliza POV

After school I wait outside for Mother to arrive. I see her car pull up. She looks different, no scrubs.

"Mom why aren't you in scrubs?" I ask as I climb in and fasten my seatbelt.

"I had meetings all day, honey." She informs as she makes her way out of the parking lot and down the road. "They gave me a promotion..." she begins, looking at me hesitantly. "They want to transfer me to another hospital, three hours away."

"Wow Mom, that's amazing. That's a shame that you have to commute that much ." I say absent minded as I stare out the window.

"They advised me to move closer to the location actually." She says turning in to our community. "But I wanted to discuss it with you first..."

"I don't want to switch schools, Mother." I tell her sternly as she turns down our street, nodding her head along to what I'm saying.

"I know that, sweetie. With this job I'm only working four days a week. I suppose I can get a hotel or something. We'll make it work." She sends me a reassuring smile along with a nod of the head.

"That Harry boy asked me on a date today. For tonight." I unbuckle my belt and we climb out of the car.

"The one who found you after your panic attack? The British one?" She asks unlocking the door before stepping in and closing it behind us. I nod my head and walk to the kitchen, setting my bag on the counter and sitting on a stool. "He stood you up didn't he?" I nod again.

"But you're the one that always says stuff about second chances." I remind her and she gives me her look.

"Don't you dare use my words against me, young lady." She says in a joking manner while pointing her finger at me. I raise my hands in mock defense. "If he makes you happy then go ahead. Just be careful. Don't let him hurt you." She leaves me sitting at the counter as she goes to watch some television.

I sit in my chair, thinking of how tonight could go.

What if he is just going to stand me up again? But, what if he actually is being genuine? We did connect really well yesterday while talking about my sister. I try to not cry in front of people, so it came as a big shock to myself that I had opened the flood gates in front of  none other than Harry.

I shake my head of the thoughts and saunter up the stairs to my room. Having taken a shower this morning, I decide to just start on my hair. It is a little after four o'clock, so I have three hours to get ready.

No problem.

I curl the ends of my hair then section half of it and tie it off, letting it fall loosely. Next I go to my closet and pull out a light blue blouse with small crochet flower appliqués. I pair it with white jeans and my prized possession light pink Louboutin's. I go for a more natural look with the makeup. My hazel eyes are nicely complimented with the peach and brown tones. My lip done with a nice shade of pink.

I check the time again, 6:48. I have twenty two minutes. I go to my dresser and look at my jewelry. I decide to wear my white band and gold accent Kate Spade watch. I put on a pair of pearl earrings and slide on a gold set rainbow moonstone ring. Just as I grab my white leather Michael Kors cross body with gold accents, I hear the doorbell. I quickly grab my phone, keys, lipstick (to reapply if needed), two sticks of gum, my Chapstick (cherry of course), and my pepper spray (just in case) then drop it all in my bag. Before I step out of my room, I put on some Daisy by Marc Jacobs.

I walk down the stairs, treading as lightly as possible, hoping to hear the conversation my mother carries with Harry. As I quietly turn the corner to the sitting room, I keep hidden behind a wall.

"You're how old exactly?" Mom asks as she sits on the couch across from Harry, who sits in the single seater.

"Sixteen, ma'am. Seventeen in February." He answers with a small smile.

"You like my daughter?" Oh god. She makes eye contact with me, that little sneak.

"She's brilliant." His smile is even wider than before.

I clear my throat to gain their attention. Harry turns to look at me with a smile on his face. I see him swallow harshly as his eyes take in my body from head to toe. When his eyes reconnect with mine he flashes his breath taking grin and his left eye drops down in a wink.

I think I may have a heart attack. Wow.

"You look...", he stops for a moment to conjure up a fitting adjective, " wow. Just wow." He lets out a heavy breath and somehow his smile gets wider as I feel a blush creep onto my cheeks.

"Well you kids have fun. But not too much fun." Mom winks at me as she leaves the room. She gives a smile to Harry before exiting.

"Sorry about her." I say as I lead us to the door. He reaches in front of me and opens the door then shuts it behind himself.

"No worries at all, she was nice." His hand is on the small of my back, leading me now. He opens the door for me, making sure I am in safely before shutting the door then jogging to his side. He climbs in just after I fasten my belt.

Before I know it we are on the road and off. I take this silence we sit in as an opportunity to actually look at him. He wears a black button up with the top two buttons undone and the sleeves rolled up to about two inches above his wrists. He has on his ridiculously tight black jeans and his signature Chelsea boots. He has a silver linked watch on his left wrist and his hair is pushed back.

So in other words, he looks perfect.

"Elizabeth Jacobs, are you checking me out?" He says in a joking tone. His voice went an octave higher and the corner of his lips are quirked up in a smirk.

"I'm doing so no more than you did back at my house, in front of my mother." I say the last part through a laugh while he bites down on his lower lip to hold his in.

"Fair enough then." He says while turning to look at me. He still has his bottom lip between his teeth and the site is driving me mad.

I'm in for one crazy night.

+-
An Sooooo yea I've update frequently for this story lately. Wow. Just want to say that at this point in the story, Harry does not have his long luscious locks. The picture attached is his exact outfit for this chapter and the next. That is also the length of hair he has. A few chapters prior I said Eliza has about breast length hair at this time, I'd like to correct that. Her hair is currently at her waist. I will be going back and changing that now as well.

Also, Eliza's outfit is on my polyvore, it's a cute one.

PS #OTRAMinneapolis has been driving me crazy all night. The pictures from that show are amazing. I found an exceptional one of little H, it'll be attached to the next chapter.

All the love xx