Running Towards Daybreak-- This is Only the Begining

*Japanese terms to know ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

Itai- ouch

Hanashiteyo- let go/ unhand me

Sama(honorific term)- Lord/ used to address someone of greater standing

Hai- yes/ okay

Sou ka- I see...

Arigatou- Thank you

~~~~~~

Chapter 2

This is only the beginning.

~~~~~~

"I...ha...roha."

There was a noise beside me. I felt that I should respond, yet I truly didn't want to. Why would I? Considering how warm and comfortable I was, I knew that the most pleasing decision was to just return to my subconscious happiness. However, the noise just didn't seem to go away.

"Oi! Iroha!"

My tired eyes opened the slightest bit to see what all of the commotion was about. It turned out that Deidara had his feet planted next to my bed with his head level with my own. I blinked a few times before groaning. "What is it?"

"It's time to get up, un." The blonde stayed just where he was, staring into my drowsy eyes.

Reluctant to leave the bed, I turned over. "Shut up."

It was quiet for a few moments save for Deidara's soft steps across the room. I snuggled into my pillow even more, thinking he had just given up. Just as I was nearing sleep, I felt a hand on my ankle.

"What are you--?"

There was a strong yank on Deidara's end and before I knew it, I was hitting the floor with my limbs sprawled about. "Itai! What was that for?!"

"I told you," the blonde grumbled, "It's time to wake up, un."

I glared. He glared. The was a moment of silence between the two of us, but then I shot my foot out and made contact with Deidara's leg, causing him to land on the ground with a loud thud.

"Take that!"

"What the hell?!" Deidara Shouted.

Scowling, I yelled back at him. "That's what you get for pulling me onto the floor!"

"I'll make you pay, little girl!"

The blonde got ahold of my ankles and started pulling my wriggling body towards the door. Desperate to defy his wishes, I quickly tried to find something to hold onto to keep me in place. The first thing within my grasp was the post to my bed, which was, unfortunately, very slick. After a few seconds of Deidara pulling me, my hold slipped and the blonde had won the fight.

He hurriedly dragged me out, not wanting to give me the opportunity to grab something else. As the two of us traveled farther down the hall and closer to the common room, I tried to get free by squirming around as much as I could and clawing at the floor.

It was of no use, however; the floors were smooth stone and there was nothing for me to hold on to. No tiny crack or crevice was seen to my eyes. It was really quite distressing. Not only that, but why was it that I was being forced to awaken and present myself in front of the other members?

"Hanashiteyo, Deidara!"

"Will you come with me if I do, un?" He asked, stopping for a brief moment.