Chapter 7

~Riley's POV~

"Me too," I sighed, "Sawyer just gave me that he was hooking up with some girl."

Christian turned to me. "Say that again."

"Me too," I sighed again, "Sawyer just gave me that he was hooking up with some girl."

"So was mine." He rested his chin in his palms and sighed.

"Hey..." I sat down next to him and nudged him lightly with my shoulder. "Can we go get coffee or something? I'm tired."

"I thought you said no breaks." He said.

"But I'm sleepy. It's not my fault my house got wrecked. Speaking of, can I stay with you?"

"Sure thing."

-----

"Christian." I whined.

"Yes?" He said, staying on his computer. He hadn't even touched his coffee.

"You know I want to solve this case but it's like I'm invisible to you sometimes." I sighed, twirling my pinkie around the rim of my cup.

"I'm sorry but someone died and I love you but this is our job. Work comes first." He looked up slightly then looked back down at his computer.

"I'll be looking further into this investigation. If you need me, I'll be undercover at the strip club where Sawyer had been when he was with the whore."

I stood up and pressed my three middle finger tips to my lips then jutted my hip out and smacked my ass.

"Goodbye my dear."