Chapter 18

A/n: I'm actually so excited about this story right now lol so pls excuse the excessive updating😂

*Lauren's POV*
I cannot wait to tell Camila about what just happened. I think she's going to be quite proud.
"Hey, Camz!" I say as she re-enters, causing her to smile. She doesn't look very sad anymore which is good.
"Hey!" she says back. She seems normal now. Maybe she didn't feel good or something.
The bell signaling the end of lunch rings and I pack my stuff and wait for Camila. There's something telling me that I should not tell her about Ansel asking me to homecoming. I think her and Tate might be going through a rough patch so I don't want to make it seem like I'm rubbing it in so I hold off.
-
The rest of the day goes by quickly and when the last bell rings, I make my way to the exit to meet Camila.
"Hey!" Says as we walk towards our cars in the parking lot.
"Camila can I tell you something?" I accidentally spit out. I've been holding it in all day. I don't have anyone else to tell so I might as well give it a shot.
"Yeah. Go for it." She says as we stop I'm the space between our cars.
"Ok so today at lunch, Ansel and I really hit it off and-" I pause to recollect myself. I don't want to sound too excited. "And he kind of asked me to homecoming."