Chapter 1

-Camila's POV-
"Camila! Camila! Hello?"
I heard from the top of the pyramid. This is the third time I've spaced out today. It's not my fault Lauren decided to sit behind the bleachers today and read. When she's really into her book, sometimes she shudders or makes faces and it's really cute- of course I can't let the team know that so I say I forgot to take my ADHD medicine that day even though I outgrew my ADHD years ago.
"Sorry, coach. Medicine" I say as the girls hoist me down.
"Ok well don't forget again we have a competition soon and as our head cheerleader, you need to be on your game, got it, Cabello?"
"Yes m'am. Good job today girls. Meet you in the locker room." I say as they all grab their stuff. I stay back and pack my things that I intentionally pulled out at the beginning of practice so I could get an extra glimpse at Lauren.
"Your ADHD must be really bad, Cabello because I hate to tell you but you're so spaced out that you missed your bag" my coach says tapping me on the head with her clipboard. I blush as I stare down at the pile of stuff on the other side of my bag and hurriedly shove them in, give Lauren one last glance and head to the locker room.
Locker rooms would be one bad thing of confessing I was a lesbian.. Well I might be... Am I lesbian if I'm just attracted to one girl? I don't know but they are pretty shallow so if they knew I liked A girl, they would probably think I was staring at them while they were changing and all that. I've gotten myself a beard to make sure there are no convictions. His name is Tate and he's the quarterback of the football team because you know, head cheerleader + quarterback= perfect couple except minus the fact that head cheerleader likes girls- a girl- it's not like I'm hurting him in anyway by using him as a beard because he himself thinks we're dating too so the only one really pretending here is me. I kiss him and hug him and stuff but lucky for me, he says he "doesn't like commitment" and I say that I agree so he and I use "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" as more of status terms.
-
"Hey Mila! What are you doing later tonight? The girls and I were thinking movie? Dinner?" Dinah says to me as I enter the locker room. All the cheerleaders are considered popular but me and my girls are the top bîtches of this school. Dinah, Ally, Normani and I of Course, the top-top bîtch.
"Umm what are you talking about Tate is having a before homecoming party tonight"
"Oh that's right. Have you gotten your dress for actual homecoming yet?" Normani pipes in.
"No we have to do that ASAP" I say as I start to change from my cheer clothes.
-
When we walk out of the locker room to my car, I see Lauren get into hers. It's Friday. I wonder what she does on Fridays? She doesn't have friends. All she seems to do is read. I don't read very often. I don't have the attention span but Lauren- she has a new book almost everyday. I don't know how she does it.