Chapter 9: This Is Fate

I'm floating while I'm sinking. I'm breathing but I'm drowning. I'm awake, no, I'm dreaming.

                                                         I'm imprisoned here in this unconsciousness.  I want to know where I am, what's going on. Why do I feel so chilled? It's like my body is submerged in arctic waters, the ice creeping into my flesh. I can feel my body parts. I'm intact, but my body aches and stings with every movement.   My dreams are having me explore the very depths of my mind. There's something that sticks out. It's alarming, but I decide to go here. I'm inside a small shack. There's a bed across the room, I hear whimpers from a woman. I have to help her. I rush over to the bed and jolt back. No...

                                                        Her hair is black, it matches mine. She's wearing clothes similar to what I wear. The only difference is, this woman looks beaten down and worn. There's also a young, newborn baby with orange hair laying next to her, she's holding the baby close to her. Protecting her child.  This woman...is me...

                                                          There's the sound of fabric rustling.   I whirl around to see a blonde man pulling on the Fourth Hokage's robe. I can recognize the voice clearly. "I'll be back soon." I almost think it's the Fourth Hokage in the flesh. Until the man turns to look at his wife and son. I notice three black whiskers on his face. My knees grow weak and I slip to the floor. This..can't be real.. Will this really happen to us..? I grip my head.. No.. No!! The room changes in a flash. Yellow sparkles float in the air.

                                                            Where am I now? "Sanako." A new, strange voice says. I stand up and see a beautiful woman. She has long, fiery red hair. Her hair is much longer than mine. Mine ends mid-back, hers goes all the way down to near the end of her green dress.

                                                       This is the woman from that picture in Naruto's bathroom. "Kushina."

                                                       She laughs coyly. "So you know who I am? Good, you're not too confused."

                                                        "How is this possible?" I ask inquistively.

                                                        Her face gets serious. "Because, I don't want it to happen to you what happened to me and Minato, the Fourth Hokage."

                                                          The yellow dissapates and we're standing in a forest-like area. A large, red beast with nine tails stand near. There's a small baby close, with two figures, one with long red hair and the other with spiky yellow hair. "This is us. On the night that ruined our chance of a family." 

                                                           The figures are talking to each other calmly, until the nine tailed beast raises one sharp claw and starts to come down on their child. I wince as a tear forms in Kushina's eye. I'm guessing the small baby in a blanket is Naruto, judging from how Minato and Kushina jumped to get pierced by the claw for him. I grip my heart, this is painful to watch. His own parents...

                                                        Kushina looks me dead in the face and grabs my hands. "You have to do all in your power, to ensure this doesn't repeat itself! You already know what's to happen. Do not tell Naruto about this. It'll make this day come sooner. Please.." Her voice grows weak. "Be there for your child, I was unable to, so I'm asking as someone who would've given anything to be with Naruto, live to show your child love!"

                                                        I want to scream. I don't know how I'll ever be able to change our fates. My lower lip quivers but I hold it steady, look Kushina strongly in the eyes, and say firmly, "I promise!" 

                                                         She's relieved and she slowly begins to dematerialize. But before she's gone, she wraps her arms around me and thanks me.

                                                          But I don't know how I'm supposed to keep this promise. I'm scared, I'm confused, I'm....full of despair. Naruto and I. Our child. I don't want our baby to grow up alone.       

                                                         I can feel the pain in numerous stabs as chilled liquid flows through my veins. I'm waking up. I shift in the hospital bed and open my eyes. My face is wet. I touch my face and realize I was crying in my sleep. There's a few fingers of light leaking through the curtains. It must be mid-noon. How am I going to protect Naruto? More importantly, how am I going to protect our unborn child?

                                                END OF STORY

Cliff hanger!! I'll definitely make a sequel to this. It'll be up soon. I've already started working on story suggestions! Be patient! Anyways, Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to Follow/Vote/Comment!!!!! 

                                                         ~~Scar:3