"Mom this is Jess." Shawn says.

"Hello Jess, nice to meet you" She says smiling then pulling me into a hug.

"Hi, nice to meet you too Mrs. Mendes." I say and return the smile.

"Please sit down." She says while pointing to the couch.

"So mom. I wanted to ask you if Jess can stay here with us?" Shawn says going straight to the question.

"What do you mean?" She asks confused.

"Well, basically Jess has no where else to go." Shawn says.

"Why? What's wrong with her home?" She still looks confused.

"You see her dad abuses her and today she left school because she said she was sick. So I decided to go check on her after school. After I got to her house I heard loud screaming, and crying. I saw that the door was open just a crack so I went inside to see if everything was ok. Instead I saw her laying on the floor with a bruised face as you can see by the marks she has on her face right now. So I called the police on her dad and he was taken to jail and she has no where else to stay so can she please stay here?" Shawn said. Tears were forming in my eyes from having to hear that again.

"Oh i'm so sorry sweetheart." She said to me while cuping my hands in hers. "Shawn I will love her to stay here but there just isn't enough room." She continued to say.

"Mom please, we can both share a room. Half my room and half her room. Please mom." He particularly begged. She kept looking back at me and Shawn and finally decided on her answer.

"Well, if you guys can make this work then sure why not." She said smiling, I can't help but hug her.

"Thank you Mrs. Mendes. I promise I'll get a job and find my own place as soon as possible." I say smiling.

"You're welcome honey and it's nothing you can stay here as long as you need." She smiles. She actually said I can stay. I'm so happy right now. Happy that i'm not near my dad and that Shawn and his mom actually let me stay here until I find my own place.

"Come Jess i'll show you my room or our room." He says and smiles. When we enter his room I give him a big bear hug which made us tumble on his bed.

"Thank you." I say in his ears.

"For what?" He asks.

"For helping me." I replied.

"It's nothing." He says, and we both smile. "Now do you want to watch a movie?" He asks and I smile.

"Depends on the movie." I say while smiling.

"Well, I got SAW, Insidious: Chapter 2, and The Conjuring." He smirks and looks at me.

"Hm, I've seen both SAW and Insidious Chapter 2 so.. The Conjuring!" I say giggling while jumping up and down, Shawn just laughs.

"Ok ok, i'll bring some popcorn, sodas, and other things we need, but can you take the movie out and insert it in the thingy please?" He asks and chuckles, I giggle and nod. Then he goes downstairs and gets what we need for the movie. I look over the movies and they all seem amazing. He has all seven SAW movies, all 3 Insidious movies, The Grudge and much more. I put 'The Conjuring' movie on and paused it so Shawn won't miss any of it. After about ten minutes he walks in with a bowl full of popcorn, pop tarts, liquorice, but only 1 soda.

"Here we go." He says while planting everything on the night stand next to the bed. "There's only one soda?" I ask.
"Yeah I was thinking we can share." He says and winks at me. I just laugh.

"My mom left a note saying they needed her at work so she'll probably back on sunday(it's friday btw).

"It's okay." I say. "That means we have the whole weekend to ourselves. Do you know what that means?" He smirks and winks at me. I playfully hit his arm and giggle. "What I was just going to say that we could watch movies this whole entire week." He says and we both laugh. "What were you thinking?" He asks smirking.

"Oh nothing." I say and giggle.

"What are we waiting for let's watch a movie then." He says while smiling and rubbing his hands. He turns off all the lights and plops down next to me on the bed. We started watching the movie and it was really scary. In one part I got so scared that I squealed and covered my face with my hands and put my head on Shawn's chest. When I did that he always laughed and rubbed my back trying to comfort me. Everytime he did that goosebumps rised on my skin.

When I was going to reach for the bowl of popcorn that laid between us we both touched each other's hand. My cheeks started to feel warm. Thank god it was pitch dark the only light was from the tv so he probably didn't see me blush. I sighed in relief and kept watching the movie.

After about an hour or so of watching the movie I started to get really tired. My eyes kept getting heavier and it kept getting harder to try and stay awake but after about five minutes of trying I laid my head on Shawn's chest and drifted off to sleep.