Chapter 7: Goodbye Pretty Boy

Start from the beginning

"Yep, I overheard Drew and Connor talk about it in class. You're not going to tell Keely right?" I asked with my mouth full.
I looked at Naomi curiously. Not caring if my face is a complete mess.

Naomi is a pretty honest person, but it's just that she can sometimes be a bit too honest which would end up with her being harsh and making that one person cry. So it puts me in an awkward situation, which is why I don't butt into her business usually. But right now is a life or death situation that involves our beloved friend Keely Hursts. And I'm afraid of what Naomi might do to Keely which will hurt her feelings and it would make me get either angry or hurt towards Naomi and then Naomi would feel bad like that sort of thing.

"Of course not! I know how easily her feelings get hurt and I don't want to see our best friend like that." She said while handing me a napkin.
I gladly took it from her and started to wipe my mouth.

I then started to look around for Keely. Maybe she already found out about Lance and went home early. I mean, I would if I was in her shoes. I just can't believe that the pig would completely do that her. It makes me wonder if I should go for Drew. Or he'll probably end up hurting me just like Lance did to Keely. Now I definitely can't fall for him because I don't want to end up just like Keely.

"Good, I wonder where she went to anyways." I said while drinking from my pepsi can.

"I'm not sure, do you want to look for her?" Naomi suggested. "She's probably just in her car or the bathroom or something." She said while finishing up her taco.

"Nah, lunch is almost over. I'll just call her later then." I said while looking at my wrist watch.

"I just hope she's okay." She sighed while drinking her water.

"Me too. I just don't know how to break it to her though." I frowned while finishing my calzone.

"Ask your mom, she's a great psychiatrist after all." She chirps while smiling at me.

"Yeah, I actually will do that." I said while showing off my pearly white teeth.

Six years of braces, and I finally get them taken off last year has finally paid off. And it made my senior picture look so great without them.

"Let me know how it goes." She said while the bell rang.

"Will do." I confirmed.

We got our things together then went on to our next class.

♕|♕|♕|♕

Once I walked in my house, I see shirtless Marcus watching TV on the couch.

"Hey is mom home?" I asked while closing the door behind me.
I then walked into the living room and sat next to my weird brother.

I just don't get how this guy does it. I mean he only has afternoon classes and it's like four days of the week. Like is college really not that bad? This guy seriously needs a girlfriend. An actual girlfriend. Not one for the week. One for a long time. He just has to get that girls want romance usually and not sex all the time like what he wants.

"Nope, why do you need mom all of a sudden?" He asked while looking at me and turning off the TV.
This made me take off my backpack and put it on the coffee table and my phone is on my lap.

Why would Marcus want to know? He did say one time that he doesn't want to know about my dramatic teen life. Unless I get raped or something. Which thankfully I didn't. So I don't have to ever worry about Marcus going overprotective big brother mode. I don't think I could handle that throughout the rest of my life.

"I need her advice." I sighed while replying to Drew's many text messages he sent me.
Then the doorbell rang. Which made me and Marcus look at each other.

I wonder who that could be.

"I'll get it." Marcus said while standing up. And about to walk out of the living room.

"No no. I think I know who it is." I said while standing in his way.

He just nodded and then I turned around and walked up to the front door and looked through one of the glass windows that was on either side of the door. I had a suspicious look on when I saw who it was.

"Hello Carly." Lance said with a smirk and his arms crossed.

"Urm hey, how did you get my address?" I asked while frowning for Keely's sake.

"So Naomi told me off before we left school today. And she told me that you are going to tell Keely." He laughed while smirking even more.

"Uh yeah? She deserves to know." I said while glaring at him.

"Listen here skank. If you tell Keely anything. I'll make sure you pay for it understand?" He said while glaring back at me.

Then Marcus steps in, thankfully with a orange Clemson soccer shirt on.

"Don't threaten my sister like that you bastard. Do you have a death wish?" He asked while glaring at him.

"I don't actually. Just tell your annoying sister to but out of her best friend's relationship." Lance said while glaring at me then leaving.

"Goodbye pretty boy." I shouted after him.

"Screw you Lukens." He shouted back at me.

Then I closed the door.