29) You Give Me Something To Talk About

Start from the beginning

"Hm I have to go. See you." I told Brian and waved at him.

"Bye..." he mumbled, a little confused. Without even realizing it, I started running through the hallway. I spotted Justin while running past the lockers, and he gave me a puzzled look as well, but he didn't question it and kept walking toward his locker.

I rushed outside and to the sidewalk. I'm not one to hurry about things, but I really needed answers and I needed them as soon as possible.

I was headed straight for the park...

Wait. She said park, she didn't say what park though...

The nearest park to the elementary school.

These words flew in my mind like a rush of wind. I remember I and Alexa weren't in the same elementary school, but we would meet up here often, and then we'd go to the playground. She sure meant that one park.

I went there with no hesitation.

--

Here she was, sitting on a bench with her eyes closed, relaxing. The weather was great, not too warm nor too cold, though it was sunny. There wasn't that much people, just a few kids playing on the lawn with a ball and a little girl making soap bubbles while riding on an older man's back.

I silently sat down beside Alexa, and she must've sensed my presence since she smiled a little.

"They say there's more peace when you close your eyes." she stated. I stayed silent.

"It's only half a bullshit. When you keep your eyes shut, your ears hear all the sounds better because it's like your mind, even unconsciously, focuses more on each sound. But at the same time, your mind gives you the chance to picture the scene by yourself and lets you feel more detached from whatever sound bothers you. With your eyes closed, it's easier to decide what environment you're in." she explained, and that's when her mesmerizing eyes shot open and she turned to look at me.

Her eyes were so bright, sometimes they would make her look so innocent. Some other times, they would make her look kind of intimidating. This wasn't one of either things, they just made her seem... sincere. Genuine.

I nodded at her and went to speak up, but she preceded me.

"You're going to ask me about it now, aren't you?" she said, with a soft sigh, turning her head back to towards her. I pondered and bit my lip.

"No." I responded, surprising myself too. Alexa furrowed her eyebrows.

"No?"

"Before doing that, I'm going to yell at you." I said. It wasn't programmed, but I felt like I needed to. She left without saying a word to me, and worse than that, she made me look crazy. Everyone thought she didn't exist and told me I was imagining her... Part of it was her fault. I had every right to be mad.

She let out a laugh and shook her head, causing me to furrow my eyebrows and narrow my eyes at her.

"Do you think me being mad is funny?" I asked, shocked.

"No, no. I get why you're mad, but..."

"But what, Alexa? Do you even realize what I've been through? No, you couldn't know it. Because you weren't here. You weren't here when I needed you and you left without even saying goodbye nor why you were leaving!" Something inside me was increasing and I didn't know whether it was good or not. It didn't feel like a nice emotion though.

It was anger.

"Lynn, I-"

"Shut up! Everyone thought I was insane because apparently you didn't exist! How comes that whenever I wanted to show you to my parents, you'd disappear?!" I raised my voice, crossing my arms towards my chest. She sighed and I decided to give her a chance to explain while I cooled off a bit.