Chapter 13

Kiara POV

Yesterday I had so much fun meeting the rest of my family and some of mom and dad friends. School today was fun, I love school. Its scary. I'm not suppose to like school!! But I do. When sis and I came home after school. Mom said we are going to the beach. So, here I am now in my room changing. I put on my pink bikini top tieing the white stings behind my neck, while sliding in my pink bikini bottom. I put on my sandals and wrap my towel around me not trying to show the bruises on my back. I then braided my hair like my sister's into a side braid. She was wearing the same bikini as me but hers is purple. I grab my beach bag and headed down the stairs. "All ready?" Dad asked grabbing the car keys. I guess they was all waiting for me. "Yeah." When I said that that dad superman to the car. We all laughed at his sillyness. And we was all on our way to the beach.
When we arrived we exit out the car. "Come on sis!!!" Tatiana said dragging me out to the ocean water where we sat our bags. We gotten an empty spot where no one could bother us. Tati and me jumped into the water. We was laughing, giggling, splashing water, playing around, while mom and dad was lying on the sand on there beach towels either taking pictures of us or talking and smiling. Everyone was having a great time. Till I accidentally got out the water forgetting my towel. All eyes was on my back. I quickly grab my towel and wrap it around me. "Kiara....." I could see Tati trying not to cry. "What happen!?" Dad asked upset and mad. Mom quickly ran toward me looking at my back. She started crying with anger. I didn't say anything. "Who did this!?" Mom asked in anger. And what made them more angry is when I didn't say anything I just stood there looking at the crystal blue ocean.
"KIARA!!", Dad yelled. " MY ADOPTED MOM!! She did this this!!" I said in anger. "When did this start!?" Mom asked crying. I took a deep breath and said, "Sense the first day I was adopted, when I was six..." I said crying. Mom hug me tightly saying it was gonna be okay. I step back. "It will never be okay! For eight years I been critize, talk about, yell at, lied to, and abused! I'm done feeling unwanted! Love? I never felt that!.......I'm actually starting to believe that there no such thing....." I said crying even harder. I ran straight back into the car crying. When mom, dad, and sis got in I didn't even look at them. The rest of the car ride was in silence and when we finally made it back I ran upstairs and lock my room door behind me, laying in bed crying.....just crying.

Mrs. Hartley POV

Kiara ran and lock herself in her room and Tatiana is in the treehouse upset. "I'm going to kill that woman!" I cried into Eric arms. "I'm going to go talk to Tatiana." He said. I can see the anger in his eyes, the pain. "Okay." I walked into my office and called policeman Carl and told him everything.

Carl POV

After I gotten off the phone with Mrs. Hartley I was upset mix with anger. Who could ever beat on an innocent little child especially one like Kiara. I talked to the boss to give me a search warrant. When I got it me and my best pals Marcus and Payton drove heading to the Belanger's home. As soon as we got there Marcus bang on the door. When Mrs. Belanger answer we bust in checking the place. "You have no right!" Yelled Mrs. Belanger. I held up the search warrant, "Technically we do." "Carl you have to see this!" Yelled Payton. I ran down towards the basement when I saw blood...Kiara blood all over the room floor and it smelled in there. There's was no working lights and there was no way she could've escape. I was digust. The boys took a sample of the blood to make sure it was Kiara's and grab the tools that was use on her (whip, needles, belt). Marcus gather the evidence and Payton followed us up. I walked over to Mrs. Belanger and I was gladly to say, "Mrs. Belanger you are under arrest for the abuse of Kiara Hartley" with that said I cuff her and put her in the back of my police car. I had Payton call the father and stay with Heather.
Marcus and I head back to the station. I put Mrs. Belanger In the cell, lock it, and went to get information on the blood sample. I talked with Brenda and was right it was Kiara's.

Payton POV

I stay with Heather and then the father showed up. I explain to him everything. I could tell he didn't know about his wife abusing Kiara he started crying. I left him alone with his daughter and left back to the station.

Carl POV

I called Mrs. Hartley back telling her the news.

Mrs. Hartley POV

I got back off the phone with Carl happy that she was locked up, but upset when I heard about the basement and the tools use on my little girl. I walked upstairs to Kiara room. It was locked so I knocked on the door. "Sweetie is me, your mom can I come in?" I waited and eventually heard the door unlock. Kiara open the door, her eyes were red from all the crying. She walked back to her bed and sat there in silence. I sat beside her laying her head on my shoulder. "She's lock up." I started. "She is?" She said wiping her eyes. "Kiara I am terribly sorry for all the pain you went through and you were right its not okay. I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you. I'm sorry!" I broke into crying. When kiara wipe my tear away and hug me, "Its not your fault." She said crying. I hug her. "I love you." "I love you too mom." My little girl is back and I'm not going to let anyone hurt her. She cried herself to sleep in my arms and I laid her down, putting the covers over her, and kissing her forehead. I took one look at her and shut the door heading straight to bed.

Mr. Hartley POV

I was in the girls treehouse holding Tati as she cried. "I can't believe that woman did that to her!!!" Tati cried. "And she didn't tell us!" "I'm upset she didn't tell us to and angry that she did that to Kiara, but now we have to be there for her not making her feel even worse. Okay?" I said trying to keep calm knowing that for eight years my daughter has been kidnapped and abused. "Okay." "That's my girl, now go to bed." I said as we both climb down the ladder and walked into the house. "Night daddy." She said walking up the stairs. "Night." I sat down in the living room cooling myself down just thinking.

Tatiana POV

I walked towards Kiara's room, slowly opened the door. She was sound asleep. I walked in and crawled into bed with her wrapping my  arm around her. I'm never losing my sister.