chapter eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Dylan wanted them both to rest after the long flight and tour the city the next day but Ella had insisted on that moment, feeling the adrenaline from her excitement flowing through her veins she couldn't wait to see the city of light and take in all of its splendour. This was an experience she intended to keep alive in her heart. The car was brought and Dylan drove them both around the city occasionally pointing out some areas of attractions.

By mid-day they had lunch on the Eiffel tower at the exotic Le Jules Verne– where they had a classical gourmet meal. The exquisite restaurant had a spectacular view of the Trocadero fountain and of course the Seine whose magnificent view she saw using a telescope. And while she busied herself with it Dylan made a call, he listened to the person on the other end then he gave an affirmation and hung up.

It was late afternoon when Dylan drove them to one of those high end spas whose workers were falling all over themselves to serve her, making sure she was comfortable. Then Dylan dropped a kiss on her forehead with a firm assurance that he was coming to pick her up in two hours. Ella had no idea what he had in mind but she wasn't one to pass off an opportunity to get pampered.

And like promised, exactly two hours later, standing in the lobby sharply dressed in a black tux and blue tie, with his back turned, Dylan fidgeted nervously unable to stay still for even a moment, he hadn't planned for all they did that afternoon but it had been fun watching her eyes sparkle with mirth, hearing her squeal of delight. Tonight had been planned with the utmost care but the fear of the unknown was what had him on his toes for the past two hours. He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly hoping for the best.

Ella emerged after hours of careful primping and make up and dress fitting, wearing an eccentric turquoise spaghetti strap asymmetrical dress with ruffled slits reaching up to her thighs. A popcorn stud earrings adorned her ears and the outfit was finished off with low strappy heels and a clutch. Dylan turned around just in time, he inhaled sharply, stunned for a moment.

''Do I look that bad?'' Ella asked uncertain.

''No no! You look...you look exquisite.'' He breathed, a smile curving at his mouth.

''Such big words.'' Ella scoffed.

''Alright, how about beautiful, breath-taking, jaw-dropping—''

''Alright I get it!'' She interjected, her cheeks colouring.

''You look cute when you blush.'' Her cheeks must've coloured a shade darker because she felt like her face was on fire.

''Where are we going?''

They attended a show at the Moulin Rouge. Ella couldn't understand most of what was going on but Dylan patiently explained the actions then merely an hour later she began to doze off and slept soundly through the entire show.

Dylan had missed half the show because he had been mesmerised by the image of her looking so calm and rested he had even tucked back a loose strand of her hair away from her face to get a better view. He couldn't bring himself to look away whenever she was excited about something as the twinkle in her eyes drown him more and more, he couldn't help his own grin as he watched her act all giddy like a child in a candy shop and his heart soared to think that he was the cause of it, that he was able to do something that pleased her.

"I know I haven't said this before but thank you for bringing me here."

"I wanted to see you smile like you used to, it's beautiful to watch."