Six

On Tuesday, Michael went in to work with a huge smile on his face. He couldn't contain his excitement, and after being asked by both Hayley and Louis why he was, he had to spill it.

"I met my soul mate yesterday," he blurted. Everyone, including random shoppers, congratulated him.

"How'd you get so lucky?" Niall asked with a smile on his face.

"It was literally destiny," Michael answered. "I was looking for something at the market, and she just happened to ask me for help. I... when I looked into her eyes, it was like my entire world had just stopped. I was only focused on the beautiful bright blue I saw before me." Niall smiled.

"That's awesome, mate."

"Tonight we're going to the pub. You lot should come meet her." Hayley, Max, Louis, and Niall all agreed to go. They were all pretty excited about meeting her.

-

Around two that afternoon, Harry woke up in constant need of relieving his bladder. He stood up and stretched, popping his lower back.

After using the bathroom, Harry went back into his room and grabbed his cell phone from his bedside table and checked it, finding that he had a text and missed call from Luke.

From: Luke

Call me when you wake up!!

Harry dialed Luke as he headed to his kitchen in search of food.

"So guess what!" Luke shouted upon answering the phone. Harry groaned at the loudness of his friend's voice.

"What?" He asked, pulling a can of soup out of the cabinet. He went to open it as Luke continued.

"Zai found her soul mate yesterday." Harry froze, almost dropping his can of soup.

"Wow uh... that's cool," Harry said plainly, pouring his soup into a bowl.

"He's coming to the pub tonight, so we get to meet him. How exciting is that?"

"Very," Harry said unenthusiastically, setting his bowl in the microwave and heating it up.

"Why are you so grumpy?" Luke asked. Harry sighed and hung his head.

"I'm not. Just a bit jealous, is all."

"Her lad is inviting his friends, too. Maybe one of them is your-"

"Don't say it," Harry commanded, setting his forehead against the fridge. "Please... just, don't say it. Don't get my hopes up. I always end up disappointed."

"I'm sorry," Luke apologized. "I just... I want you to be a little hopeful. You can spend your entire life in doubt."

"I know, I know. I just don't want to get my hopes up again just to be let down."

-

Niall got off work at closing, along with Louis. Niall began packing extra clothes in a bag that he brought to work, in case he needed to change for an event. Luckily, his idea helped. They were to meet at the pub around nine. Niall and Louis were obviously going to be a bit late. Niall knew he couldn't stay out too long. He had to go in at eight the next morning so there was no way he staying out past ten.

Niall grabbed his bag from his locker in the back and walked out with Louis, locking up the shop. He got into Louis's car with him, and they headed to the pub.

"Wanna stop at McDonald's for some food?" Louis asked. "I'm pretty hungry and really not a fan of the pub's food.

"Eh... sure."