Prologue

Harry had spent seventy five years as an eighteen year old, searching for his soul mate. In a sense, Harry had grown to enjoy being eighteen. At first, it was really difficult. He watched as close friends of his easily found their soul mates while he sat in the background, sad and lonely.

Harry had been to plenty of funerals in his ninety three years of life. He struggled through the death of his grandfather at the age of eleven. Death was quite foreign to him and experiencing a loss felt like the worst thing that could ever happen to him.

As his life furthered along, more and more friends and family died. The one that was the biggest toll on him was the death of his mother in 1963. He was depressed for months and spoke to no one, not even his sister.

By 1970, most of Harry's family had passed, excluding close cousins and his sister. In 1987, forty seven years after his original eighteenth birthday, Harry was struck with the loss of his best friend. The two didn't talk much, since his friend had grown quite old, but they talked on occasion. His friend, Kyle, was just a week away from his sixtieth birthday. His death was sudden, and when Harry received word of Kyle's wife, Harry broke down, unable to cope with yet another death.

In 1990, Harry's sister, Gemma, found her soul mate and began aging. It scared Harry, knowing that she could possibly die before he was even able to find his own soul mate.

In 2001, Harry made a new friend after spending fourteen years only contacting his still living family. The boy's name was Liam. Liam was born in 1968 and was much like Harry - still searching for his soul mate.

At some times, Harry was a bit glad he hadn't met his soul mate yet. He had lived for almost a century, and he loved watching history change. It was quite fascinating.

But at other times, Harry would get upset thinking about being without one. For starters, Harry had never seen the true color of the sky. All he saw was grey, and it was a really quite depressing. People had told him that the sky was a beautiful color called "blue."

Liam couldn't see blue either. But there was something weird about Liam; he had already found his soul mate in 2011. Her name was Sophia. It was odd, everyone thought. Liam couldn't see green before meeting Sophia, so it was obvious that she was his soul mate. But it was rare when someone was unable to see two colors, which was a clear symbol of possibly two soul mates.

In 2013, Harry and Liam made two more friends while at the pub Harry performed at. Their names were Luke and Ashton, and they were soul mates who had just met each other a few months before. The two boys were quite new to the area, both agreeing to get away from their previous lives in Australia to move to London.

Harry was jealous for the next two years as he watched Liam and Sophia then Luke and Ashton all happy together. He wanted that, he deserved that.

Hopefully things would change really soon.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Note from Dec. 2016; okay so people keep commenting ziam on the Liam/Sophia part and like... y'all... Sophia's eyes are brown, Zayn's eyes are brown, there is literally no way it could be Zayn since he sees two different colors???. And I don't include Zayn in my stories anymore anyway so he doesn't matter.

Hi this is my new fanfic!! :D It's based off of a Tumblr post me and my friend read a few months ago.

Basically, people age up until their 18th birthday then stop until they meet their soul mate. In this particular story, colors will be a factor in determining your soul mate. Harry can't see blue while Niall can't see green. When they meet, they'll be able to. So yay there you go.

Please leave me some feedback? I would really appreciate it. And maybe share this story if you like it. Thanks for reading. Xx

~Tay :*