//Chapter 4//

Laura's POV;

Ross and I walk in the room, being pulled by nurses. I looked at Ross and he looked back at me.

"See you before the show." He said and I nod and waved.

The nurses took me to a room and showered me. I could've showered by myself, but I guess they had a different technique..?

They plucked my eyebrows and shaved my legs, which did hurt. It wasn't with a razor, I think they put glue on my legs or something and then tore it off.

I have no idea, but it hurt so much!

I was sitting on a bed, a hard one, to be exact. It was literally metal and on top was blue paper..

I overheard some nurses talking about someone, I don't remember the name though. While they talk, I had enough time to think. I wonder how Ross is doing?

When I look at him, it feels like he knows he isn't gonna make it. But why does he have to be so hard on himself?

I sigh as the nurses walk out of the room and see a man enter.

He looks like he's in his 20's, probably like 26. He walks up to me and nods. "I'm very sorry this happened to you." He looks down and I startled.

My mouth opened a little as I looked at him. "Most people just congratulate me.."

He shakes his head, "Well that's stupid.." He smiles and I just look at him. "My name's Rocky, Rocky Smith. (Aka Rocky Lynch 😏) I'm going to make you look beautiful."

"I'm Laura... Please don't make me look ridiculous.." I plead and he shakes his head. "I wanna make you look like you. Not Diana.. Shh, don't tell her I said that..."

I giggle at his joke and he smiles.

//Page Break//

"This isn't real fire, it's fake." Rocky explained as Ross and I nod. "We won't burn to death?" Ross asked and I cough back a giggle.

He smiles at me and I smile back.

"Nope, you love birds! Don't be scared, okay?" Rocky said and mumbled, "I don't get scared.."

Ross nods and we go to our District 12 carriage.

I saw different districts and they all looked ridiculous. They glared daggers at one another, wanting to rip them in pieces even before the game started.

I gulp and looked at Ross. He smiles at me and grabs my hand. I hesitated to hold his hand, and I was shocked about his action, but I grabbed his hand anyway.

"You'll be fine.." He whispered in my ear as I nod. I drop my head to his shoulder and he smiles.

I felt lips on my forehead and I smile, knowing it's Ross.

Ross and I don't get a long very well, so I don't know why we are acting like this right now. It's probably because we are so nervous of losing.

We see that it's our turn and our horses start walking.

People look at us and we just look straight ahead. I felt something behind my back and I saw it was fire.

People cheered and clapped and I looked at Ross. Ross grabbed my hand and pulled our hands up in the air and we smile.

People cheered even more, if that was even possible..

It looks like we are proud to be in District 12. Or we won't be overlooked.

Whatever it was, it made me feel more confident..

"May the odds be forever in your favor."

________________________________________________

Hey KitKats! Sorry for the late update, Wattpad is getting slow on me 😒

So I watched the movie the other day, and I totally forgot about it 😁 Sorry!

One love KitKat, that is a wrap and ZOOP!