Twenty One - Suspicion

Start from the beginning

“Why?” I asked frowning. There was no need to.

She paused and stared at me confused. “What?”

“Why are you visiting Kyle?”

“For your kind of information Alpha, I beat him up in the fight. He was unconscious and I’ve not seen him since then. So I’m leaving now.”

“Wait!” I shouted before I could stop myself.

She frowned at me. “What?”

“I’m coming with you.” I said. She raised an eyebrow studying me with her cold eyes. Without nodding or giving any sign, she turned around and walked out of the room. I followed her.

She moved with grace. Her hips swayed ever so lightly with every moment. She was wearing blue and white sneakers and moved like an active teenager. Her eyes remained fixed forward. Wavy hairs bounced against her shoulders as she moved.

She is beautiful. My wolf said to me. I cut it off instantly.

I purposely extended my hand so that it brushed with hers as she walked. A simple contact was made that sent a jolt of electricity throughout my body. It was something I never felt with Shea. Sera stopped too, her eyes landed on me with coldness of Antarctica. She didn’t show it on her face but I could see anger smoldering in her eyes.

For a second I thought she was either going to kiss me senselessly or attack me but then she turned away ignoring me. Her pace increased as she tried to increase distance between us.

I didn’t try to touch her after that but my body was yearning for her- to feel her silky soft skin against mine. Her long legs moved with perfect sync. There was no clumsiness in her movements. It was as if she was totally aware of her surroundings.

“I know you can’t resist me but stop staring. It’s getting creepy.” I heard her say.

She stopped when the wooden door of Kyle’s room was standing in front of us.

She knocked at the door thrice. A muffled ‘come in’ came from other side.

She opened the door and stepped inside. I followed her. Kyle was sitting on his bed with back leaning against headboard and arms were folded in front of his chest. His eyes were closed as we entered.

“How did you do that?” was his question we were welcomed with.

I was taken aback wondering what he meant by that.

“Well hello to you too Kyle. I’m fine. Thanks for asking.” Sera said sarcastically carelessly sitting at the foot of bed in front of him.

He opened his eyes and narrowed them on her. His face was completely fine. All injuries from fight were already healed.

“You defeated me.” He held out an accusing finger towards her. I leaned against the wall watching their conversation.

“Yeah, I noticed that too.” Sera replied, sarcastically.

She is feisty. My wolf said and I couldn’t agree more.

“How on-“, Kyle stopped mid sentence and looked at me. His eyes fell on me for the first time since I entered this room. “Why did you ask me to defeat her at every cost when you knew she was going to win? She is so amazing with her fighting skills.”

My eyes went wide as he mentioned. I was waiting for Sera to yell at me or accuse me but that never came. Instead she was observing Kyle with amusement. There were no signs of surprise or anguish on her face. She was calm as night.