Then First Warning-Chp. 7

Leo growled playfully at Blue as they played in the sky, Liza and AJ were working with their magic, and I was thinking. Suddenly a thought came to me, "Hey Liza!" she turned towards me and started walking over. "Ya Katie?" I analyzed my thoughts one last time before asking her, "Do you remember when you said that only two people in history could ever control two elements?" She looked confused, "Ya?" "Well what elements did they control?" Her eyes widened, "Ice and fire for the guy and air and earth for the girl." I was getting closer, "Did they love each other?" She smiled a little, "Ya they're love story is beautiful," she sighed dreamily. I hoped that she got a love story just as beautiful. "You wanna hear it?" If my hunch was correct, no. "No, thanks though." She smiled. "What happened to then?" I asked. She looked thoughtful for a moment. "Well the boy killed the girls parents, and after that, no one knows." I smiled. "Ok thanks, oh wait one more question. Was that a little over a thousand years ago?" "Ya? Why are you asking all these th...... Oh. Wait, OMG! Really! You don't think, but wait it fits! OMG! AJ!" She then ran off to go talk to one of her heroes. I put the pieces together, AJ didn't kill them, that was the misunderstanding. The two only people to ever control two elements was AJ and Cate. Their love is looked up upon by so many kids. And suddenly I wanted to cry. The man I loved had a love written about in books, had a love that everyone dreams of having, a love that would make an amazing movie, how could I compete with that? The tears were so close to overflowing, I knew I needed to leave before they saw me. "Hey guys, I'm going to go look for water, I'll be back in like 15 min!" They shouted some ok's and then I left. I really was going to look for water, but I was also going to cry. After about 8 minutes of flying I landed on a rock and examined my wings. I decided to add some different colors to my pink rose wings, so at the base I put some yellow that faded into the pink and on the the top I but a dark red that the pink faded into. Deciding that that was good, I flew back to camp.
When I arrived Liza ran at me excitedly. "Katie, Katie guess what!!!! AJ and I found a new way to use our powers!" She suddenly changes into a tiger made out of water, where the black stripes were supposed to be there was instead ice. "Wow!" She quickly turned back. "Ya but there's a catch, if I turn into a bird I wouldn't be able to fly." "So I won't be replaced?" I teased. "Never! besides who would want to replace these amazing wings?" I looked up to see AJ smiling down on me, I smiled back. "Well that's good to know! I was beginning to get worried. But if you say so." I shrugged and then burst out laughing. "Well... then again, haven't you learned to not trust us?" Liza teased me back. "Or maybe I believe in second chances." I tried to tease back. Liza tilted her head and AJ shifted uncomfortably. Way to go Katie! Ruin an awesome moment! "Cate used to say that," whispered AJ. And suddenly I snapped. "She's dead! I don't know why you keep thinking that she's going to come back from the dead, but she's not! Even if she did, why would you want her? She trapped you for 1 thousand years! Why would you want her?! You shouldn't want her! She's dead! Dead, AJ, dead!" Love makes you do crazy things, jealousy, jealousy is so much worse. Jealousy could make you kill someone. AJ looked crushed. I was about to apologize when AJ stopped me, "Katie, your young, too young. You don't know what love is. Love makes you crazy, and you would follow that person to the grave. I LOVED Cate. You can't understand that, so you are not good for this mission...." I interrupted him, I had no idea what I was doing, "There is no mission, she's dead!" Suddenly my words hit home. AJ fell to ground. "Go home Katie, go home and never come back. Stop using your powers, go live a normal life. Good-bye Katie." I flipped, I was pissed, but I knew that that anger was just a way I was taking out my pain. But I raged on, I wasn't going to give up. "I can't AJ, I can't! You wanna know why? Because of you! Do you remember that fight where we met Liza? Someone was video taping us, everyone knows who we are, what we are! I can't go home!" I then turned around and flew away. I flew and flew and flew and flew, I didn't stop until I reached a small rock that was sticking up in the middle of the ocean. Sitting down on it I cried. I have never cried that hard in my life, not when my grandparents died. Not when my house burned down. Never. And I wasn't just crying because of AJ, I was crying because of the fact that everyone I knew is gone, everything I knew is gone, it's all gone. I was crying because of the fear that gripped my soul. I cried. Suddenly a gentle nudge on my leg brought me out if my depressed thoughts, there was Blue. I almost screamed, how did she find me. 'Liza's really scared.' a voice said gently in my head. 'Who is this?' I asked. 'It's Blue.' I looked at her surprised. 'Why can you do this?' I asked motioning to both of us. 'I can't tell you, but AJ can help.' I scoffed. 'AJ made it very clear that he doesn't want me.' Blue hopped closer. 'Katie, did you ever consider why AJ wants to find her?' I laughed a short laugh. 'Ya, cause he LOVES her.' Blue sighed in my head, 'Beyond that Katie, did you ever think that there was more to that? Did you ever think that it hurts you when someone thinks you murdered their family? Especially if it's you true love?' I scoffed again, 'Why would your true love in prison you? Wouldn't they give you the benefit of the doubt?' Blue nudged me again, 'Katie, go talk to him.' Suddenly all that rage came back to me, 'NO! I CAN'T BLUE! HE'S JUST AN IDIOT THAT CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHEN ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!' With that I flew away, across the ocean. Suddenly Blue's voice echoed in my head, 'KATIE GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE! GOD YOUR JUST AS DUMB AS BEFORE!' I froze, 'Blue what do you mean before?' 'Go talk to AJ.' and with that Blue was gone from my head. Sighing I turned around an headed towards land. I flew and flew and flew and flew until I reached our camp sight. They weren't there, but using a combination of earth and air I found them quickly.
I became air and floated next to them.
Looking at Liza I immediately felt bad for her, she looked really sad and annoyed. "AJ, why would you send her away like that?" AJ glared at her, and that glare was powerful enough to shut her up and keep flying. Suddenly she stopped and screamed. AJ stopped. "Liza what are you doing?" AJ asked. "AJ I'm leaving and I'm going to go find Katie, because then I won't be with a MURDERER!" AJ flinched at the word. She started to fly in the direction she had seen me fly. Once she was far enough away from AJ I appeared. "Katie!" Liza screamed excitedly. Suddenly I felt bad for AJ, I had just crushed his hopes of finding his true love and redeeming himself. "Liza lets go back and fix things with AJ, please." I begged. Liza sighed but nodded her head anyway. The fly to him was silent. Once we reached him, he was sitting on the ground petting Leo. "Hey AJ," I said quietly as I landed near him. He looked up suddenly, and sighed. "Hey Katie." I wanted to scream it was so quiet, but refrained. Finally AJ spoke up, "Katie I'm sorry for treating you that way, it was wrong." I couldn't help but laugh, the apology sounded like it came from a four year old boy who's mom was forcing him to say sorry. AJ looked at me like I was crazy, "It's fine AJ, alls good." I smiled. AJ smiled. It was all good. Except, "AJ apologize for being mean to Liza." AJ turned towards Liza and mumbled a sorry. Blue suddenly landed at my foot, 'Told you so!' She screamed. I smiled down at her. Speaking of Blue where was Leo? "Hey AJ where's Leo?" He looked surprised for a moment, then scared. "I don't know, he was just here." AJ looked around, no Leo. Suddenly he dropped down on the ground screaming. Then something large was thrown towards us, Leo's dead body. I puked, Liza passed out, and AJ just froze. Because, there, hidden in the torn skin on the neck lay a note.

This is going to be YOU.