I introduce myself to the woman.
Shaking her hand she tells me her name.

"I'm Shirlee Drummond."

"Shayne Green, Its a pleasure to meet you."

"You too."

This was it. I turn to Pyper and the man I assume is her father.

"Shayne this is my father, Peter. Daddy this is, Shayne my fiance."

"Fiance?" He questions looking over me

"Fiance." She confirms sternly.

"Hi Mr.Timms its great to finally meet you." I stick my sweaty palm out to him.

He ignores it and looks at Pyper.
"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"Well the barbeque is ready in the back. Let's get to eating." He announces to everyone.
---------

Everything was going great except for the 'staring' part from, Pyper's dad.

"So Shayne tell us a bit about yourself." Shirlee states.

I clear my voice. "Well I'm half white half Asian."

"Couldn't be black?" I hear Mr.Timms, comment.

I ignore him and continue;
"I've finished highschool. And I'm a junior in college. I work as an engineer. And I have a brother, Chris and a sister; Felicity. That's all there is to tell."

Shirlee nods her head. I can tell she's taken a liking to me.

"You wanted my blessing."
Peter states. All eyes are on him.

His dark and tall frame, stood against the table. It looked as if he was a solider in battle. So I'm guessing he was in either the army or military.

"No, I won't let you marry him. He's a good for nothin' dog. That means you no good."

Pyper stands up. Her petty figure isn't even half of her fathers.

"Then I don't need your blessing. I'm marrying Shayne one way or another. And I'm not taking no for an answer."

His eyes soften. "Baby girl I'm just doing what's best for you."

"And I'm doing what's best for this baby!" She shouts.

The whole room echoes in silence as the sun glows down on us.

"Your pregnant? Who's the father?" He asks,stunned.

The question is:
Am I shocked? H*ll yeah I am!
I'm sitting here thinking, when was the last time... Oh, I remember on the the 4th of July.

I stand. "Pyper." I take her hand in mine.

"Is it mine?" I ask curiously.

She nods, tears falling from her eyes. I hug her in happiness. Pure happiness. "Are you going to stay?" She asks, sadly.

I take her face in mine. And it was only me and her.
"Of course."

I kiss her forehead and then her lips. As she giggles. I was going to be a father weather I liked it or not. And I'm not gonna lie.

I'm freaking scared but, I know as long as I have Pyper. I can face anything.

"Yes." I hear someone with, a hoarse voice say.

Pyper and I turn to see all eyes on us.

"Yes I give you my blessing. But boy, if I find out that you broke my babies heart. I'm gonna choke the living-"

"Peter, Harmony." Ms.Timms's voice echoes.

"Sorry. I think you get the point, Shay."

"Daddy it's Shayne."

"Shay, Shawn, Sheen, bean. I don't care. Just treat her right."

I nod. "Yes sir. You have my word."

I turn to Pyper. And whisper for her ears only.

"I love you so much. I couldn't live If I didn't have you."

"I love you too."
---------
So I know you're thinking that's it....but if you skip this you'll miss the ending, ending. Like in marvel movies when everyone leaves yet there's another part, anyway.

Comment, vote, share!
And thank you new people who have recently read and finished this book!!!

Okay here you go....
---------------

Pyper's P.O.V

It was late. Well actually pretty early. 12:05 am to be exact.

We had long ago returned from my dads house. My mom was calling family members from everywhere. Planing the baby shower. And checking that every thing was still on track for the wedding.

Shayne was silently asleep upstairs in our room. We had rented an apartment from his cousin, Nick.

It was small. But just right for a couple. I was looking for a house for us to move into before the baby was born. It was something I found rather difficult. Since we only had our money and nothing else,And I was not borrowing money from my mother or father. So we had to plan and buy from that.

I was downstairs in the kitchen getting a glass of water. Because my throat was so dry.

I was going through my Instagram feed liking photos and what not, when I gotta text.

Well the first question I had was;who would be woke at 12?

I exit Instagram and click on my message icon. The person I haven't heard from talked to or anything had texted me after 5 years.

Message received: 12:10 am.
From: Kato
Hey we need to meet up now. And if you think about ignoring me, I'll tell everyone your little secret.

My heart jumped out of my chest when I read and reread that text.
I don't know if he was bluffing to get my attention or not. But I couldn't take the chance. Especially not with this baby on the line.

I reply.
To Kato.
Okay, tell me when and where.

Message received 12:20 am
From: Kato
Now

I sigh as I get up and take a pair of pants off the couch putting them on. I grab one of Shayne's sweatshirt. I go to our room and check on him one more time, before I slip on my shoes.

I get my keys heading out the door, into the dark. For better or for worse.
-------
Second book or Naw?