The Battle That Started it All

There it was; the last Dragon Needle. The final of the seven. I was way ahead of the second boy after it. I had no worries, but to my surprise I heard him right behind me.

"STOP!" he yelled. I turned to see him. The small blonde child looked at me with determination in his ocean blue eyes. His perfect golden blonde cowlick didn't even have dust. Considering the journey here isn't easy, it told me he was no simple enemy. Even though his appearance looked like he was only a mere tween.

He wasn't alone though. There was also a princess, a criminal, and a dog with him. They looked as if they had barely had a single scratch on them. But I was much stronger, I could definitely take these people. 

I took out the dog, the princess, and the criminal in one lighting shock. But the remaining lightning that went towards the blonde boy reflected off of a little badge on him and it struck back and hit me. It was pretty strong, that proved that I am truly strong. Then it was just the dumb blonde and me. This kid was tough, no doubt about that though. 

I charged at him with my sword, but he dodged swiftly. Fast, but still not invincible. This will be the last fight he ever has.I was not going to let him stop me. If I didn't pull this needle, my master will be furious with me. So I fired a blast from my arm cannon and it hit him.

That didn't hold him down. He quickly got up. He went to attack but froze and stepped back. "I-I can't fight my family..." he murmured.

Whatever. If he thought I was his family, his loss.

Suddenly, I heard a voice; not from the blonde boy. It was feminine, only it was soft and soothing unlike the princess' bold voice. It called for Lucas.

The blond looked up a bit shocked. That must've been his name. Lucas.

I ignored it and struck him with my arm cannon but he quickly made a PSI shield. No fret, I just used my shield killer.

But then the voice came back. "Claus," the voice called this time.

Nobody responded, but Lucas looked at me like he was calling me that name. But my master, King Porky, said I had no name. I was the nameless Masked Man. No matter. It didn't phase me to be called a false name.

Meanwhile I noticed that the princess was healing the kid. Whatever, that wouldn't stop me. I could do four times the damage back with PK Love; Which is exactly what I did.

But, as I hit Lucas the voice returned. "Claus... stop this! You aren't Porky's robot, you're our son!"

Nobody had ever said anything like this before! I looked around to find the woman who kept saying that. Who was this woman who calls me family? I was curious to know why she thought such a thing. And maybe, if it's true... While thinking, I shot the boy. But considering I was half paying attention it wasn't that strong. So I just used my most powerful move to make up for it. PK Love.

Then, out of nowhere someone, who was probably the boy's dad (because they looked alike), jumped in front and yelled "Lucas! Look out!" He fell to the ground and looked up at me.

"Claus, please remember... I've been looking for you for so long!" he cried out. Am I... NO! They are trying to get to me! They must know what happened at christmas... Surely this is just battle. Life is just battle. This is just their strategy! The thought angered me so I hit the man with PK Love.

That's when the boy got mad and hit me. "Claus! You--You idiot!"

Then, that strange voice cried out again,  sounding like she was crying, "Lucas... Stop fighting."

He then stopped, tearing up with guilt. This was probably the boy's mother. But, did she know about me? And how could she?

Claus," she cried, "you and Lucas are brothers!"

I sighed and finally pondered the possibility. The boy's face does look similar to mine. Can it be true?! No, of course not! She had mistaken me for this Claus person. I had no name. Especially a name like that, too human.

"Can you hear me?" she asked growing worried. "You are Claus. Your name is Claus! You are our son!"

My eyes widened and I froze for a second or two. But then I fired at Lucas a bit weakly.

The voice was sobbing as she cried out, "Please remember! Claus, Lucas..."

All of a sudden, I recognized the voice. I remembered. The day I was born. It was the same voice! Could this be true?

I then gazed up at Lucas. He stood there unsure on what to do. I wondered, Could my life, be a lie?

I fired and covered my ears. It couldn't be true! The last three years that I could remember, I never heard of anything like this!

I was born in a lab and...and I was nothing but a science experiment. But why am I the only chimera who is human? If they could make human chimeras, why stop? Could all this really be a lie? 

I shut my eyes. I couldn't stand the thought of three years full of false pretenses.

Three years just wasted... I opened my eyes to see Lucas crying. I tried to attack, but then the voice spoke, "Claus... Claus... Claus... Come to your mother. You must be so exhausted. Come here, Claus."

I looked around for her. If there was hope for a family, I wanted it!

Then it hit me; like a bag of metal! I was Claus Ryuka! I lived in Tazmilly... with my family; Lucas, my dad, and my dog, Boney.

And the voice was my mom. My sweet, dead mother.

I then removed my mask. Lucas looked at me. Out of my anger for the sudden realization, I fired an intense lightning blast like earlier. It reflected again and I was hit. I was dying. Which meant I could go with mother.

Lucas was crying so I staggered towards him with my remaining strength and hugged him.

Lucas smelled me. "It's really you, Clausy! And you smell as terrible as ever..." he spoke.

I then spoke for the first time to him. "I'm sorry it turned out like this. I'm really happy you could be with me just before the end..."

I turned to my dad, "Thanks. Dad. I'm sorry I didn't listen to you."

He was very weak and merely nodded.

"I am going to where Mom is now," I continued. "Lucas, I hope we meet again someday. Goodbye. Thank you. I'm sorry." I then paused and thought, I am not that weak! I might not die! I smiled, for this wasn't the end! Sorry mom, but it's not over yet.

Go Claus. I heard her reply. Be careful and live a full life... You are my brave little boy.

Nobody could know I was still alive. Others may try to kill me. Reassured, I spoke one last time. "I'm  sure we'll meet again."

I then pretended to die. They fell for it too...