Chapter 14

You thank your grandfather for the information, and promised you would come back to visit. Before you left, he showed you your mother's room, and Dean followed you.

He hadn't changed it all, the walls were painted a light blue, there were lace curtains on the windows, and a fine layer of dust on the white bedspread.

Dean walks over to the bookcase, while you looked at her desk. Pictures of her with friends are on the wall above, and you glance down, noticing her senior photo laying on the desk. You slip it into your pocket, and keep loking. There was a lot of papers strewn around the desk, some from school, but many had strange symbols, like on your necklace. You fold them up, placing them in your pocket also, before walking back down. Kissing your grandfather on the cheek, you leave and head back to the motel.

Once inside you show the brothers the papers. Dean prays to Cas, and he quickly shows up. You hand him the papers, and he quickly goes through them, he eyes squinted in confusion.

"This makes no sense," he murmers.

"What?" You ask.

"Your Mom knew she was in danger. She wrote directions down, directions for a spell to kill an angel. However, instead of using the spell to kill him, she let him transport her to the alternate reality."

"The Angel Zophiel? Y/N's grandfather said he was close to her Mom right before she vanished." Sam said.

"That would make sense. But Zophiel hasn't been seen in a long time."

Frustrated that you weren't any closer to finding out answers, you walk to the door. "I'm taking a break."

You start walking down the street, and then sit down on a park bench. You watch the people hurry by, and the kids playing on the swings. A shadow passes in front of you, and you look up to see a man looking down at you. He was tall, but not as tall as Dean. He had wavy blonde hair, and bright blue eyes, that almost reminded you of Cas. He was wearing jeans, and a burnt orange long sleeved Henley. He was nice looking, in a farm boy sort of way.

"Is that seat taken?" He asks, in a honey smooth voice.

Knowing Dean would get jealous, you said yes anyways. There was something about this man, something you couldn't put your finger on.

"Hi, I'm Steve." He said, holding his hand out. You take it, and shake, noticing the warmth and lack of calluses. "Y/ N," You reply.

"I haven't seen you in town before. "

You start to get a strange feeling from this man. "My friends and I are traveling through. Speaking of them, I better head back before they worry."

"I don't think so," He replied, before grabbing your arm. He then placed two fingers on your forehead, and you passed out.

-------------------------

Waking up hours later, you look at your surroundings. Your laying on an old iron bed frame, in a small bedroom. There is a boarded up window, and a door. Jumping up, you rush over to the door, but it's locked. You lay back down on the bed, and pray to Cas. "Cas, I don't know where I am, but this Angel who said his name was Steve took me, and I'm now in an old boarded up house."

Hoping that Cas received your prayer, you wait. There was nothing else to do. Finally the door is unlocked, and Steve and another person walk in. This man was as good looking as Steve, with dark auburn short hair, and bluish green hazel eyes. He walked over to you, taking your chin in his grasp.

"You look exactly like your Mother. I've been waiting for you."

"You must be Zophiel, " You say.

"Yes and you're my new best friend. Unless you don't do as I ask."

"What do you want with me?" You say, as he removes his hand.

"I want to know where your Mom hid the spell, and I'm sure she told you something. "

"I know nothing!" You reply, getting worried as Steve walks over to you. He grabs your arms, holding you still, as Zophiel pulls out an Angel blade.

"Honey, you know you don't want to lie to me." He whispered, running the blade down my cheek, drawing a little blood.

"I don't know! Please believe me!" You beg, and he laughs before running the blade sharply down your arm.

"Well I don't believe you, try again."

Hours went by, Steve held you down, and Zophiel tortured you for information. Finally they gave up, opening the door. "I hope tomorrow you answer better," he says, shutting the door.

Laying on the bed, you quickly fall asleep, exhausted due to blood loss. However late at night, you wake up, wondering what had woken you. Hearing it again, you press your ear against the door. It sounded like a fight was happening below. Stepping away from the door, you waited, and the door was kicked open, Dean looking around for you. Seeing you he rushes over, taking you in his arms.

"Sweetheart, are you alright? I'm sorry it took us so long to find you."

"I will be fine, let's go," You say, holding onto his arm for support. He quickly guides you down the stairs where Sam and Cas stand over Steve and another unknown Angel.

"Did you get Zophiel?" You question?

"Zophiel? He was here?" Cas asks.

Nodding your head, you let Cas heal you. Then the four of you head back to the motel, where you lay down on the bed, using Dean as your pillow.

"What did he want?" Sam asked, sitting down on the other bed. Cas stood by the door, silent.

"He kept talking about my Mom, saying I should know something about where she hid the spells." You reply, almost purring as Dean runs his hand through your hair.

Cas walks away from the door. "There has to be another clue we are missing. What does your Mom mean by where my heart lies?"

You thought for a moment, "There is one thing. When I was younger, she's told me a poem, every night. About a mom, who loved her daughter so much, she protected her with a spell. In this story, her Mom placed a spell around the young girls heart, saying my heart is with your heart, keep it safe."

"That's it!" Cas exclaimed, surprising you.

"What, a story?" You say, sitting up.

He walks over to you. "This will hurt, but if I'm right, we will know the location your Mom hid the spells."

"Dude no, those spells can't be important enough to hurt Y/N!" Dean argued, standing between you and Cas.

You place your hand on Dean's arm, turning him to face you. "It's okay Dean. Just stay with me please."

"Dean, these spells are very important. We need to retrieve them and lock them up in Heaven's safe before a rogue Angel like Zophiel gets their hands on them."

"I still don't like that Y/N has to get hurt." Dean argued, but sat next to you, holding your hand.

Cas rolls up his sleeves, and starts pressing his hand into you. It burned, causing you to scream. It felt like you were being filled with the sun, full of light and heat. Cas kept pressing, and you clamped down on Dean's hand, in agony. After what had seemed like a year, Cas pulled his hand out, and you collapsed.