Chapter 4

"It's alright Y/ N, just sit down and relax, we will figure this out." Dean tells you, pushing your shoulders until you sink down onto Bobby's couch.

Breathing in and out you thought of what you just learned. Monsters are real, these guys hunt them, Angels are real, and hot, and this isn't your reality. Not sure what that meant for you, you asked,

"Guys, what happens to me? Can I go back, or am I stuck with you guys forever?"

Dean and Sam exchange looks, before Dean passes you a glass of whiskey. "Here drink this. And I'm not sure exactly what's going to happen. But know this, you've got a place with us, sucks as it is."

Cas appeared to be thinking. "I can maybe get you back, i just need to figure out what reality you came from. I will need help with that. There is an Angel, Marmaroth,  who might know something. Keep her with you, and keep her safe, while I find information." Cas said before he vanished, making you gasp in surprise.  You don't think you would ever get used to that.

Dean crouched down in front of you, taking your hands in his. "What do you say Y/N? Want to learn how to be a hunter? At least until we get you back home?"

Feeling butterflies in your stomach from Dean's attention, you smile. "Sure, what else do I have to do?"

-----------------------------------

The next week went by fast. Each day was spent at Bobby's,  learning about all the different monsters, how to protect yourself, and how to kill them. Today, you got to practice with the weapons.  You were excited, you were a great shot, that's why your job had been at the shooting range. You practically pranced out to the shooting range, making Dean laugh.

"Somebody's excited to shoot. Let's start easy, and go slow." He said, showing you a sawed off shot gun. Taking it from his hands, his smile quickly turned into shock as you knew exactly how to handle it, and shoot it. Putting it down, you take his 9mm, and hit the bullseye multiple times.

"Damn, that's impressive. I take it you've shot a gun before."

"In my reality, I worked at a shooting range." You told him. It's only been a week, but you were starting to forget your old life, it felt like a dream.  It also helped that you had this amazing connection with Dean, even thought neither of you had acted on it yet.

Putting the guns away, Dean turned to you. "Well maybe it's time for your first hunt. How about a simple salt and burn?"

Excited that they were going to let you in on a hunt, you jump and down. "Sounds awesome!"

You and Dean drove back in the Impala, to pick up Sam and supplies.  Within an hour you were on the road, listening to Dean's classic rock tapes.

"So Y/N, what was life like in your reality?" Sam asked. It's been a touchy subject, both boys not wanting to bring it up too much and upset you.

"Pretty much the same. I haven't noticed much of a difference yet. But I've never really traveled much to notice the difference.  My parents died when I was a teen and I lived with my grandma until she passed two years ago. I went to the local college so I could stay and care for her, then because she gave me her house in her will."

"So no boyfriend's or husband's then?" Dean asked.

"Nope, had a bad relationship so I've stayed away from the relationship thing for awhile." As you talked you saw Dean's smile grow, making you feel giddy. Maybe something would happen between you two. You shook your head at yourself,  no matter how much you liked Dean, you didn't want to get in a relationship, then have to go back.

6 hours later, Dean pulled into the parking lot of a motel, the Red Bird Inn. "Home sweet home," he said grabbing the bags out of the trunk. Booking only one room, he looks over to you, "Guess your going to bunk with me. Hope you don't snore."

Smacking his arm, you walk into the room ahead of him. For a small roadside motel it wasn't bad, it was kind of cozy.

"Alright let's go talk to the victims families, see what we can figure out. Oh and this is for you Y/N," Dean said throwing you a bag. Inside was a grey pencil skirt, and a white blouse.

"We dress up as FBI agents. That's your gear, I have your badge."

Changing in the bathroom, you were shocked Dean knew your size, and a little embarrassed.  You weren't the thinnest girl by no means, and always felt a little self conscious.

Smoothing down the skirt, you step out to the main room.

"Wow, Y/N you look amazing." Dean exclaimed,  making you blush.

"Whatever Dean, let's get going."

"No really, you are a beautiful woman, and I hope you realize that." Dean said, sincerity shining in his green eyes.

Sam was waiting in the car. "Alright we are meeting the parents of Hilary Scott, who was the latest victim. Her friend died last year and we think Hilary had something to do with it, and that's why she died."

Within minutes the Impala pulled up in front of a small, town house. Before climbing out of the car, Dean handed you your badge, "Don't worry about talking, just stay with us, we will handle everything. Got it?"

Shaking your head yes, you wiped your hands on your skirt, nervous you would mess up. Following Sam and Dean, you waited as the door opened, and a lady in her 50's opened it.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes Ma'am, we're from the FBI, and we are investigating the death of your daughter. We are sorry for your loss." Sam said, showing his compassionate side.

Sitting on the couch next to Dean you listen as the victim's mother talked. She talked about how sweet her daughter was, how shy she was, her only friend being killed last year. Not learning much, you thank them and leave.

"When we get back, let's look up her friend, see where she died. I know it has to be her." Sam said.

Back at the motel, Sam pulls out his laptop and starts looking. Deans leaves for food, and you are left unoccupied. Deciding to watch tv, you jump when Sam exclaims, "Yahtzee!"

"Yahtzee?" You ask, confused.

"I found her. She was Bridget Thomas, she died by overdose and is buried at Carver Cemetery. Should be a simple salt and burn tonight then."

Waiting until it was the middle of the night, you, Sam and Dean, drive out to the cemetery. Opening the trunk, Sam takes the salt, while Dean hands you the flashlight before grabbing the lighter fluid and shovel. You start shining the light over headstones, finding Bridget's pretty easy. You hold it still while Dean starts digging.

Once Dean hits the coffin, he climbs out, and Sam starts pouring salt. Taking your eyes off of the the grave, you look to see a teenage girl behind Dean.

"Dean watch out!" You yell, but it's too late, she throws Dean against a tree. Sam stops pouring salt, running to get Dean's shotgun. He yells at you, "Y/N, finish it!"

You drop the flashlight, running over and grabbing the lighter fluid. Pouring it on the rotting corpse, you then take the matches out of your pocket, having trouble lighting them. Once you get them lit, you throw them on the corpse, turning to see the ghost holding Sam by his throat. All of a sudden, she turns into flames, and vanishes, with Sam falling to the ground.

Dean is slow to get up from the ground, and you walk over to give him a hand up. Between the three of you, all items are grabbed and you slowly make your way back to the Impala. Once inside, Dean turns to you, "Well what do you think? Was it everything you expected?"

"It was different, but I'm glad I was there to save your ass." you told him, smirking.