Misconception

Chapter Nineteen: Misconception

misconception: a misunderstanding; a false or mistaken view, opinion, or attitude

~*~

At first Chanyeol had thought he didn't get the memo seeing as his three friends wore black, white and grey shirts while he wore his brown shirt with the bottle of soy sauce on it, but at a closer glance he realized Baekhyun and Jongdae wore similar shirts whereas Kyungsoo's shirt was just similar in color, not design. Chanyeol furrowed his brows and hastily stepped out in front of Baekhyun and Jongdae, carefully eyeing the sun on Jongdae's shirt and the moon on Baekhyun's, focusing hard on the barely visible heart made by the black and white trails that connected the sun and the moon. Chanyeol pointed at them, "Are these... what I think they are?"

"Your friends Kim Jongdae and Byun Baekhyun?" Jongdae replied.

"Couple shirts."

Oh my god I was thinking the same thing.

Chanyeol stepped forward and lifted their jackets to the side to get a better look at the shirts. Chanyeol definitely wasn't seeing things; Baekhyun and Jongdae were wearing couple shirts.

What in the fuck?

Baekhyun nodded, "Yes Chanyeol. I'm glad you noticed."

"You're playing with me," Chanyeol said. If anyone knew how to read Baekhyun's face it would be Park Chanyeol and Park Chanyeol saw nothing that indicated Baekhyun was joking. "Are you serious?"

Baekhyun cupped Jongdae's cheeks and kissed him full on the lips without warning. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo froze, wide-eyed. Baekhyun was dead serious. Baekhyun broke away, apologizing to Jongdae before turning to face his two friends. "Yes, Jongdae and I have been dating for a couple of months now."

Jongdae's cheeks flushed red as he stepped away from Baekhyun. "You didn't have to do that. A 'yes' would have done the job."

"Ahh, don't deny you didn't like it," Baekhyun smirked, taking Jongdae's hand in his. "Besides, I needed to make my point. They weren't going to believe me."

"You're gay?" Chanyeol gawked at his best friend. "I always thought Jongdae was, but you? I mean-- I don't have a problem with you being gay but... seriously?"

"I'd like to think I'm bi," Baekhyun replied without going into further detail. He honestly didn't know where he stood because after meeting Jongdae everything messed up and left him confused. "You do know that's a thing right?"

"S-Since when?" Kyungsoo asked, receiving odd looks from the three. He hastily shook his head, "You two dating."

Jongdae found it difficult to answer the question. He just knew it was sometime during December. Baekhyun, however, responded almost immediately, "The sixth of December last year. About two months ago."

Jongdae gasped in awe, "Do you remember the date at the top of your head?"

Chanyeol's eyes glued onto the couple's hands, the close proximity they stood beside another. Standing around the same height, the two's lips were dangerously close as they spoke. Chanyeol swallowed the uncomfortable lump in his throat.

December 6th, huh? So that's why Baekhyun was late. Fuck. They were like that earlier before I butted in. Fuck...

That's why Baekhyun was always clinging onto Jongdae. That's why Baekhyun didn't mind when Jongdae touched him, didn't pull away when Jongdae hugged him. It all made sense. Chanyeol muttered under his breath before he could stop himself. His action didn't go unnoticed by the raven-haired boy.