chapter 4

Carmen Pov.

After practice Nicole came home with me cause we both were tired it was a long day. It was gonna be a longer day with the game tonight so we came to get some rest.

Nicole kept asking me what me & Stephen talked about when he came to get some ice, & I told her nothing. That was the honest truth it was so awkward I felt so nervous talking to him. I couldn't stop looking into his beautiful eyes. I could tell he was really sweet, caring, & down to earth kinda person & that's what I looked in for a guy.

Most people don't know this but my dad died when I was at a young age I was such a daddy's girl, he was my first love I would pick him over my mother. That's what my mom would say she would get so upset, I thought it was funny cause my older sister was a mommy's girl. He's the one that Inspired me to be a athletic trainer my father was a doctor. He was the best doctor he was a surgeon a cardio surgeon he worked with the hearts. When my dad died I didn't know how I was gonna survive. My mother told me that my dad was such a awesome guy, he had all the traits that Stephen have so that's probably why I'm so attracted to him. He reminds me of my dad in some way.

Stephen Pov.

I stayed at the facility & practiced on my shooting & the plays we were gonna run, I like to be prepared for things like this.

People look at me & they see the guy that his wife cheated on, but that's not who I am yeah Ayesha left me & Riley alone after I did everything for her. Yeah I should hate her but I don't because she gave me a beautiful daughter that I love so much.

Riley is my happiness & I thank god everyday for her. I can't wait to see what she does with her life as she grows up. I'm just not ready for all the boys that are gonna be at our door step wanting to take her out. When the time is right and Riley is ready to date I want her to find a guy that treats her the way I treat her. She deserves everything nothing less she will forever be my princess, & my little baby.

Enough about Riley, I really can't stop thinking about Carmen it's gonna be so hard working with her because I won't be able to keep my eyes off of her. She has this thing about her when she's nervous she taps on her nose, I mean yeah I picked that up for the 2 hours she was here, I look at the little things.

I feel like I could have a relationship with her, but I'm not looking for one right now. If I was she would diffidently be the one.

Carmen Pov.

Nicole & I got to the facility a little early because I need to do some things in my office before the game tonight. When we got there Nicole went to look around, I went through the gym & when I was there Stephen was there too he was listening to his music.

I walked on the court & tapped him on his shoulders, gosh I didn't realize how tall he was, then again I am 5'4 I get it from my mom. He asked me what I was doing here so early & I told him I had to finish up some paper before the game tonight. I asked what he was doing up here, & he said that he was just practicing.

I saw that he had the ball so I grabbed it from him & shot a three. Nothing but net he asked me if I play basketball, I used to play back in high school. I laughed because high school seemed so long ago. I told him that my team was three time state champs. I played point guard & shooting guard.

Some how we ended up playing one on one, it was honestly the most funniest thing ever. I don't know it felt good being able to just talk to him & see a side that nobody has seen before.

Later on tonight.

Stephen Pov.

It was second quarter & we were up by 30 I liked games like this but I also loved the games where there was a challenge. I was on the bench with five minutes left, I couldn't stop looking at Carmen she was different, it was a good type of different for the first time today I actually laughed. I mean I laugh with the guys but it was different. We just had a really good time & I enjoyed it.

Half time came & we're off to the locker room, & Camren decided to walk with me, she stared tapping on her nose. I just started laughing & asked her what she was nervous about. She just gave me a weird look, I told her that she does that when she's nervous. She asked me how I knew that & I told her I've seen her do it this whole time. She looked at me & told me why I was looking at her, I couldn't doge this one I told her when I look at her I feel better. She just put her head down & smiled & walked away. I wonder if I said something wrong I didn't mean to if I did.

Carmen Pov.

I couldn't get what Stephen said to me out of my head, I honestly don't know why I walked away he probably thinks that he said or did something wrong. It's just that I've never had a guy say something to me like that. I have never had a boyfriend & it just scares me to think that Stephen is looking at me like that, I mean I wouldn't mind at all.

The Warriors ended up winning of course, I congratulated Stephen & he's tried to apologize for what he said earlier & I just told him that he was fine & really sweet.

I went to go find Nicole & she was talking to Klay. I walked to her & she told him bye I looked at her & asked her what that was about & she said that he saw her in the crowed & thought she was cute. I laughed cause Nicole cute Ewww, she punched me in my arm while I was laughing. She got his number while they were talking I had to get my purse from the office I told her I would be right back.

When I as coming out of my office I ran into someone & I looked up & it was Stephen. We looked at each other & it was awkward again it was just silence. We both said sorry at the same time, he asked me why I was sorry & I told him for just walking away from him when he said that sweet comment about me. I asked him why he was sorry & he said for saying what he said, I just told him it was okay & I really liked it. He just stared at me & he then he asked for my number & of course I gave it to him. He told me good night & that he would call me later on tonight if that was okay & I said of course that man was so perfect.

I want to thank you guys for waiting a long time I know it's been a while, I'm not gonna promise anything cause I suck at promises. I'm gonna try my best & update once a week. Tell me what you think & I'm gonna try the next chapter as long I wanted to give you guys a good chapter.This one is kinda half ass but I wanted to give you guys a long chapter so here you go.😊