Twenty Seven

I rushed to the love of my life's side like we were in a pathetically cliche Nicholas Sparks movie. He turned his head to me slowly lying on his stiff cot and I pulled the chair up next to him to sit closer. Derek closed the door and Kian opened his eyes. I nearly cried out of happiness right then, I never thought I would see those beautiful brown eyes ever again. 

"I fucking hate hospital pillows," he spoke. Of all the things he could have said then and there, those are the five randomized words that spurred out of them. 

I laughed. "I'll get Derek to get you the extra special pillows, you know, pillows full of deluxe feathers plucked from the most extravagant tropical geese money can buy, darling." I said in a thick british accent. 

He laughed back. "Tropical geese? " He mocked. 

I rolled my eyes. 

"Listen, I just got shot in the stomach. As much as I would love to kiss you right now, I can't fucking move." 

I laughed and leaned in to kiss him. 

"Oh and by the way," I pulled away. "Stiles and Dr. Hale invited us to dinner. And... I said yes." 

He smiled. "That's just fine with me, babe." 

Wrinkles formed at the edges of my eyes from smiling. "I missed you calling me that." 

He raised his eyebrows. "Well get used to it again, because I'm gonna call you that for every single day for the rest of our lives." 

I scoffed. "Yeah, well that was almost cut short." 

He fell silent. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have..." 

"No, I was a fucking idiot. I get it. I approached your dad and punched him in the nose and," 

"You punched him in the nose?" I laughed. 

He nodded and laughed along. "Yeah, I said some stupid shit like 'hey i'm your son's boyfriend nice to meet you' or something." 

I laughed more. 

"I'm such an idiot," he muttered, groaning the last syllables. 

I kissed his forehead. "Yeah you are." 

He rolled his eyes. 

"You're my idiot." 

He started cracking up. 

"Since when are you the hopeless romantic in this relationship?" he asked. 

"Oh, right. That's you. Sorryyyyy. I'm the pessimistic asshole and you're full of sunshine and rainbows." 

He smiled. 

"You're my pessimistic asshole, baby." he joked.

"Oh shut up." 

"Make me!" 

"You're attached to an IV, Kian. I could easily make you shut up." 

He laughed. "You wouldn't." 

I sighed. 

"No, you're right. I can't lose you again." 

He squinted. 

"You never lost me."

"I thought you died. In fact, you're happy to be alive thanks to our dear friend Derek Hale." 

Kian looked me dead in the eye. "Will you marry me?"

I was taken aback. 

"What? Seriously?" 

He nodded and smirked. "I just looked death straight in the cold black eye, and it sounds cheesy as fuck but... I think that I got through it because of you. I think that my mind was set on living a full life with you and that's what I intend on doing." 

"You really wanna marry me?" I asked with bright eyes, blushing heavily. 

His eyes beamed. "Yeah, I really do." 

I laughed and smiled and hugged him simultaneously, which I only realized was a bad idea due to his condition after squeezing the fragile life out of him. 

"Can I take that as a yes?" he said, out of breath and engulfed in my arms. 

"Yes of course oh my god one million times yes!" I squealed like a little girl. 

Derek came in. 

"Nurse is coming for paperwork. Better get out, Pottorff." 

I nodded and walked outside the door. I sat in my usual spot and Derek closed the door behind me. 

"I'M GETTING MARRIED!" Kian so audibly yelled from behind the door. I smiled to myself. 

I'm getting married. 

holy shit.