Six

Thunder rolled through the sky and I heard a thud, something that didn't sound like mother nature's fury.

"Oh, god, sorry, I woke you up." Kian said, huddled in a ball in the corner with ice cream and a giant spoon, all while wrapped up in a blanket.

I laughed. "Sleepover's over, little Johnny." I teased him.

He scoffed. "I'm terrified of thunderstorms, okay?"

I smiled. "Can I join you?" I asked, moving the ball of blankets from my lap.

He smiled and motioned for me to come sit with him on the ground.

"Spoons are in the first drawer." he noted.

I grabbed one and scooted over next to him.

I took a spoonful and so did he and we both swallowed them at the same time.

"Oh, fuck. You will not believe how amazing this tastes." I rolled my eyes to the back of my head, moaning.

He tensed up. "Haven't had 'moan worthy' ice cream in awhile, huh?"

I laughed. "I used to have an eating disorder, actually."

He was silent.

"I'm so sorry..." he muttered.

I smiled weakly. "It's okay."

"So tell me, Pottorff. What's your story?" He wrapped his blanket around me and laid his head down on my shoulder. I blushed.

"Like, the whole thing? Or?"

"Yes, duh."

I sighed. "I was born in-"

He stopped me. "Skip that part. Just tell me the things that are important, like important to who I'm talking to right now."

"My mom died when I was five. Cancer. My dad took to alcohol, casual hookups, and beating me up."

His eyes filled with pain. "Oh.. I'm sorr-"

I interrupted him. "That's why I'm here. He tried to kill me... I knocked him out and took his keys and ran."

I started crying. He took my face with both hands and wiped off the tears.

"You're safe! You're safe! You can stay here as long as you'd like."

I smiled through the tears and Kian pulled me into his chest. He hugged me tightly and I felt like I was floating on the clouds.

And speaking of the son of a bitch, thunder rolled in and Kian jumped into my arms. He laughed and so did I.

"You should really get some sleep, don't mind about me." he said.

I shook my head.

"You take the bed. I'll take the floor from here on out."

He shook his head.

"I insist. You're the guest."

I shook my head again.

"I insist."

"No I insist."

He smirked. "So it's settled. We'll both sleep in the bed."

I smirked back. "Guess so."