"Why's the beta with her?" Isaac asked.

"Thinking the same thing," I said. We watched as Derek exchanged words with her.

"Do you know why we're here, Mr. Hale?" She asked.

"You want to recruit me into your pack," Derek responded. She let out a wicked laugh.

"Oh, you think you know everything, but you don't," she said, as her eyes glowed, "We don't want you in our pack."

"Why did you come here, then?" He asked. 

"Because we want you dead," she simply replied. 

"I don't think they want to recruit him," Isaac said.

"Yeah, no shit, Isaac," Jackson replied. We needed to come up with a plan, soon. 

I sent Stiles a text: We're at the clearing in the preserve. We need help ASAP. Things aren't going as planned.

Suddenly, I saw Gillyan attack him. She threw him to the ground. He was able to get up fast enough to miss another hit, but she stopped him when he tried to fight back.

"Face the facts, Hale, you may be an alpha too, but I'm in a pack of them," she said. The beta just watched. 

"Are just going to watch them, or what?! We need to help him," I said.

"We can't risk it Scott," Peter said, "She'll kill us all."

We watched as she beat him, more and more. And Derek just laid there, accepting his fate. She stopped and just stared at him. The blood on her clothes was definitely visible. I didn't understand why she stopped. He was still alive. I could hear him breathing. If she wanted to kill him, why didn't she just do it right there, and then?

"Finish him," she said to beta. She walked away, into the woods. I couldn't see her anymore.

"Look, I know that not all of us exactly like Derek, but we have to help him," I said.

"I guess you're right," Peter said.

"Then it's a plan- let's go kill this beta," Isaac said, smirking. 

We were ready to attack, but Jackson stopped us. "Do you three even know how much this outfit costs? Because I'm not getting blood all over it for Derek Hale." We all just kind of stared at him.

"You're kidding, right?" Isaac asked.

"Does it look like I am?" Jackson responded, in all seriousness.

Before anyone could say anything, I noticed the beta getting closer to Derek. I ran towards him, as the others followed. He looked up and noticed us, but I tackled him before he could do anything about it. As he struggled to get up, Isaac and Peter grabbed his arms, restraining him. He was probably a new wolf, because it didn't seem like he learned how to fight, or even defend himself.

"Why were you with her?" I asked him.

"Can we just get this over with, and kill the boy?" Peter interrupted. He tried to get out of their grasp, but it was no use.

"She wanted me to join her pack of alphas. But to become one, I had to kill one," he replied.

"Well it looks like you'll never get the chance to," Isaac said.

As I ripped out the boy's throat, I heard a loud scream. I turned around to see who it was. I saw Emily running towards me.

"Emily, there's no need to be scared, we're safe now. He's gone," I told her, trying to calm her down. She was in hysterics. She pushed past me, so she could see the dead body of the guy. She burst into tears, and screamed again.

"Is he dead?" she asked, "please don't tell me he's dead." she said, crying even more.

"Yes, we killed him. It's a good thing Emily. Calm down, please," I begged her. She just stared at me. 

"You did this?!" she shouted.

 "Well, all of us did, really- oh, except Jackson," Peter said, "We deserve some credit too," he said, as he nudged Isaac. She just stared at me as if she hated every ounce of my being. 

"Emily, you knew we'd killed people before," Isaac said, "so what's the big deal about this guy's death?" She just sat down next to the body, and stared at it, tears falling down her face.

"You killed him. You killed Cody," she said, as if she almost didn't believe it.

Oh fuck.

Before anyone could stop her, she ran away, wiping the tears away from her eyes.