Two Star-Crossed Lovers: 032

My brother is a huge jerk is the conclusion that I've come to but, of course, Cassie and Hermione have been trying for the past half hour, in this random hallway, to convince me that he's just upset and is being unreasonable at the moment. Unreasonable doesn't even begin to describe it. How about stubborn? Emotionless? Completely careless? How could he just declare that I can't see Draco and just expect for me to be fine with that? I'm the older sibling, dammit, I should be able to do whatever the hell I want!

"Kelly, you have to calm down," Hermione said trying to reason with me. Again.

"No. I'm not calming down until he stops being an asshole," I replied, stubbornly crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well, how are you supposed to know if he's stopped being an ass if you haven't talked to him?" Cassie questioned looking at me expectantly.

I didn't reply and thought for a moment. "That's a good point," I admitted.

"So, will you come back to the common room?" Hermione asked, both of their faces filled with hope.

"Nope, I'm staying here."

Their faces dropped and Cassie sighed heavily before looking to Hermione. "What time is it?"

Hermione looked at her watch and them back to Cassie, "Five to seven."

Cassie returned her gaze to me, "Well, if you won't go back to the common room, can we at least go to the Great Hall for dinner? I'm starving."

"Oh you can go ahead, but I'm staying here," I reiterated staying in my position standing against the wall. There's no way I'm going to dinner since I know Harry's going to be there and I don't want to see him right now.

"No you're not, your coming with us," Cassie commanded grabbing my wrists and dragging me behind her and Hermione while I groaned and protest. "You can moan and groan all you want, but you're still coming," Cassie pointed out continuing to walk. I finally gave up and willing followed after them, but with a pout on my face to show how against this I still am.

We arrived at the Great Hall and Cassie pulled me to the Gryffindor table to where Ron and the one called my brother were already sitting. Without warning, Cassie and Hermione sat down leaving me with the middle seat, which is exactly across from him. That's so typical of them, always trying to be the peace makers. I slowly sat down, looking anywhere but at the person in front of me.

"Kelly, I need to talk to you," I heard him say.

I looked around me, "I believe someone is talking to me," I acknowledged absently. "Hmm, mysterious."

"Stop being so childish," Hermione whispered to me.

"I will be childish if I want to, since a certain somone across from me has been being childish all week," I shot back speaking in a loud voice, earning some looks from down the table.

"Stop being so stubborn," Harry said in a hushed tone.

"No, you stop being so stubborn," I replied back, also in a hushed tone.

"You can definitely tell that they're related," Ron added with an half-amused tone.

"Kelly, just talk to him," Cassie begged.

I turned to look at her, "Why should I?" I challeneged.

She sighed, "Because he's your brother and we all know you don't want to lose him," she reasoned calmly.

I get it, she's going to play the family card with me. That's so not fair.

I sighed in defeat, "Fine." I turned to Harry, "Let's go talk." He smiled and we rose from the tables and began to walk down the isle's. I was halfway down the isle when Draco grabbed my wrist and rose from his seat to stand in front of me. I looked at him incredulously and frantically looked around us, "Draco, what are you doing?" I asked him in a frantic hushed tone.