Two Star-Crossed Lovers: 021

December 16

"So I was thinking that before you go on your date with Blaise, we could go shopping for our talent show outfits," Cassie said looking at me expectantly.

"Sure, Cassie, whatever you say," I repeated for the tenth time today. She hasn't stopped talking about the talent show since yesterday when I told them about it. And we're in Free Period, which is our second to last class. So, yeah, she's been talking my ear off since 4 o'clock yesterday. By now everyone knows about it now since all the posters and sign-up sheets have been put up and guess what? Draco and I's name was already written there in the first space and I've been getting dirty looks from the Slytherin girls all day. It's not really a big deal, though. They don't scare me.

"and what about--"

"Kelly." I turned my head around to see Blaise standing behind me.

I smiled up at him, grateful that he saved me from Cassie, "Hey, Blaise."

He smiled slightly, "Hi, um, can I talk to you?"

I eyed him curiously as he stood there, he was avoiding eye contact, "Yeah, sure." I grabbed my bag, just in case the bell rang while we're out there, and followed him out into the hall. I leaned my back on the wall facing him as he stood there nervously. "So, what'd you want to talk to me about?"

He sighed softly scratching the back of his neck, "Well, uh, Draco told me about what Dumbledore is making you do."

I continued to look at him expectantly as he paused, "And?"

He ran a hand through his hair, "And it kind of makes me nervous."

My eyebrows pulled together in confusion, "Why?"

He looked in a different direction, hesitating to answer, "I think he's trying to get you back," he spoke softly.

I continued to stare at his profile trying to take it in. Blaise thinks Draco wants me back? But he's the one that said Draco wasn't going to try anymore. Maybe Dumbledore giving us this assignment gave him a little push. And Blaise is jealous? That's so sweet.

I grabbed his chin between my fingers making him look at me, "You have nothing to worry about. It's going to take a lot before he's on my good side again."

He sighed again and smiled at me, "I know, but," he took my hand away from his face but held onto it intertwining our fingers, giving me chills. "I just don't want him to hurt you again," he said softly staring into my eyes.

I smiled up at him and stood on my tippy toes to kiss his cheek. I pulled back, smiling when I saw the blush forming on his cheeks, "You're so cute." He chuckled just as the bell rang. "What class do you have next?"

"Charms."

I smiled widely, "Me too."

"Well, we better get going then, huh?" he said a smirk playing at his lips. I nodded and we began walking to our next class, hand in hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Accio Hermione's quil," I whispered chuckling quietly along with Blaise. Her quil flew right out of her hand and into mine as she looked around frantically for it. We laughed harder when she looked over at us and narrowed her eyes. She stood up and walked over to our table.

"Can you two be anymore immature?"

I looked over at Blaise, he shrugged his shoulders and we looked at Hermione, "Yeah, we can," we said together. We laughed as she rolled her eyes, "Come on, Hermione, Professor Flitwick gave us the whole period to practice whatever spell we want and you're doing homework? Have a little fun in class while you can."