Two Star-Crossed Lovers: 030

Harry's POV

She sat on the couch of the common room and stared at me anxiously as I paced back and forth in front of her, trying to get my thoughts together. Everything is becoming so messed up because of Malfoy, he probably seduced her or put her under a spell. But Kelly is smart enough not to fall for his so-called  charm. Right?

I stopped pacing and faced her, staring into her guilt filled eyes and let out a deep breath. "I can't even begin to express how betrayed I feel by you right now."

"But, Harry, I--"

"Let me finish." She closed her mouth and stared down at her entertwined hands. "Not only have you betrayed my trust, but you've been lying to me for the whole year." Her gaze stayed fixed on her hands and her hair began to fall in her face. "How did this thing with Malfoy even start?"

She wiped her face with her hand before lifting her head, looking at me through semi-red, teary eyes. "To be honest Harry, I don't know how this happened." I narrowed my eyes at her accusingly, not believing her statement.

"Really, I don't!" she defended quickly. "I knew he had a crush on me inthe beginning of the year, but I chose to ignore it because I was thinking about you and how you'd feel about it. Well, I can't ignore it anymore, Harry!" she yelled, tears now streaming down her cheeks. "You're my brother and I respect your decisions, so you should respect mine!"

"Are you kidding me?" I questioned her incredulously. "How can I respect your decision to go behind my back and have your little 'meet and greets' with Malfoy, the one person that I hate the most in this entire school. How can I respect that?" She didn't answer, her gaze dropped from mine and she stared at her feet. "Was Blaise just a cover, then? Did you not actually like him?" I inquired icily.

She raised her head quickly to look at me, "I did really like Blaise. You know that."

"Do I?" I asked skeptically. "How do I know if you haven't lied about anything else?" She didn't respond, she just stared at me trying to hold back tears before turning away. "What else have you lied about, Kelly? Is that even your name?" I went on. I paused, hesitating to ask the next question. "How do I even know you're my sister?"

Her gaze quickly turned back to my face, anger rising on hers. She stood up, staring at me intently. "I can't believe you would even question that." She walked around the couch and headed for the stairs but paused just before the first stair. She made her way back over to me and tossed something onto the tabled I was standing next to. "That should answer your question," she added before disappearing up the girls' staircase.

I looked down at the table to see what looked like a photo but turned over on the blank side. I picked it up and turned it over, immediately feeling a twinge of guilt tug at my heart. On the picture was Kelly and I in our parents arms. Where did she get this from? I know I have a picture of only me, mum, and dad. So, is that picture a fake, altered somehow? I sighed heavily and plopped down on the couch.

I can't believe I just said that to her.

Kelly's POV

How do I even know you're my sister?

I clutched my pillow tighter as I replayed his words in my head. Replayed the hard, cynical look displayed on his face all the way to his eyes. How could something so small as a guy turn into such a huge fight. A fight with the only real family I have left in this world. A fight that led my only family to believe that we're not really siblings. It really hurts to know that he thinks I would lie about that.

I've been up in my room, crying into my pillow since it happened about six hours ago. Cassie and Hermione came up about an hour after it happened to try to comfort me, but they eventually left sensing that I wanted to be alone. But since we do have classes tomorrow, they came back and are now sleeping soundly in their beds. They're lucky. I wish I could sleep, but there's too many things going through my mind right now. So all I'm doing now is staring blankly at the front door, the moonlight shining on my face.