Two Star-Crossed Lovers: 007

Transfiguration was...Fairly decent. Professor Mcgonagall's lecture was interesting enough to keep my attention, besides the fact that Malfoy wouldn't stop staring me. For the whole class I always felt his eyes burning a whole in the side of my face and when I turned to look at him, of course he was looking at me and then he would just smirk. And every time I would have to elbow Cassie in her side to get her to stop snickering. I can see he's going to make this difficult for me. But I can't see why, I'm his worst enemy's sister. Why would he want me? I'm pretty sure he can get any girl he wants in his house. Guess this is something I'm going to have to find out myself...Another time.

Right now Cassie and I are spending our free period in the Great Hall just doing nothing since it's the first day we have no homework--a very good thing on my part. Out of nowhere Cassie and I were bored, so we balled up little pieces of paper to throw at our friends and whenever they looked to see who did it, we would fake like we were doing something else. Finally, they caught on and we started a whole paper ball fight, including a few people from other houses. It was really fun until Professor Snape scolded us to sit down and be quiet. Sour puss.

"So," Cassie started. "What's with that blond hottie over there?" she said gesturing to the right. I didn't even have to look to know who she was talking about.

I groaned, "I have free period with him too?" I dropped my head so that it hit the table, "This is torture."

"Kelly, there is a gorgeous guy who flirts with you every chance he gets. It's obvious that he's interested. I don't see a problem."

My head shot up to look at her," He's Draco Malfoy."

She raised her eyebrows, "Okay, so you know his name. I still don't see the problem."

I sighed and sat up, "Draco Malfoy is my brother's sworn enemy. And plus is in our rival house!" How many times am I going to be saying this? "This. Cannot. Happen," I said slowly.

She smirked at me, "Doesn't seem like he thinks so," she looked over my shoulder again. And again, I looked over my shoulder and, again, Malfoy was staring at me. Okay, this is really getting annoying. Time to speak up.

"What?!" Again, so noble. And, yes, I got some looks.

He didn't say anything, he's just smirked at me. I glared at him and turned back to Cassie, whom was still smirking at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up." She laughed at me. "Can we leave? I really want to get out of here," I said gesturing to the table next to us where Malfoy was.

"Sure. Let's go to the Black Lake."

We left the Great Hall and headed to the Black Lake. When we arrived there, we walked along the shore to find a spot to sit. I found a huge rock with a flat surface that we could sit on. After we sat down, she started talking about her new favorite subject-even after a few hours- Oliver Wood.

"I can't wait 'til lunch so I can see him," she said with a dreamy voice. Wow, she sounds like that after one day? I hope I don't get what she has.

"Cassie it's only been a few hours and you're already fawning over him. You might as well ask him out from the way you're talking about him," I said playing with a few rocks on the ground.

She scoffed and playfully pushed arm, "I'm not the only one fawning over someone else."

"And what do you mean by that?" Do I even have to ask?

"You know exactly what I mean. That Malfoy guy. Why do you think he's always looking at you like that? He wants you."

"Yeah, he wants me," I said emphasizing 'wants'. "And that's all. Like I said before, he and Harry hate each other. I'm not going to start arguing with Harry over something stupid like a guy. Especially not Malfoy."

She opened her mouth to say something but closed it again when I glared at her, ending the conversation. She raised her hands up in front of her, signaling that she'll let it go. We were quiet for a few minutes just throwing rocks into the water. It wasn't really an awkward silence but I don't like when it's unnecessarily quiet.

"So, besides Oliver, what do you like about Hogwarts so far?" I know it's the most cliche way to start a conversation but it's something.

She laughed, "Well, besides Oliver, there's-"

"May I join you ladies?"

I froze. Even though I haven't been here that long,that voice is way too familiar. Which means I hear it too much and need to get away from it. I turned my head slowly and saw Malfoy standing behind us.

"You know what?" Cassie started, "You can join her because I forgot I needed to do something back in the Great Hall." I glared at her as she stood up.

"I am so going to kill you," I mouthed to her.

She smiled as she turned away, "Have fun. See you later, Kelly!" And then she ran away leaving me with him. I heard him sit down next to me on the rock. I couldn't tell if he was looking at me or not because I was looking in a different direction. I'm pretty sure he was, though.

"Are you going to look at me? You know that's a part of having a conversation, making eye contact."

I looked at him, "Really? I had no idea," I retorted sarcastically. He smiled a little bit. Now that's way more attractive than his smirk. And that's really saying something because is smirk is-Ugh! Stop doing that! "And you know, we're not having a conversation, so..."

"Well, we could. That's why I came down here." That reminds me, he must have been watching us when we were in the Great Hall (obviously) and then followed us down here. I wonder if he heard what I said about him. Whatever, it's still weird.

"You know you're starting to seem like a stalker to me now." His smile got wider. Why is he still smiling?

"Really? I don't see myself as a stalker. I see myself as...Persistent."

"Well, I see you as pretentious."

"Aww. Thank you," his smile turned into a smirk. I almost smiled but I covered it up by rolling my eyes. "So, are we going to have a conversation or what?"

I scoffed and stood up to look down at him, "Okay, how's this for conversation: I agree with you about you being persistent. You're persistent to date your enemy's sister," his smirk dropped as he looked up at me, "Yeah, I can see a lot of good coming from that." I seem to be using sarcasm a lot. "This," I said gesturing between me and him, "Cannot happen." As I've been saying.

He stood up and now I had to look up at him, "Well, it can if you want it to," he said softly,

My breath was caught in my throat. Standing here listening to his smooth voice and staring up into his beautifully unique grey eyes. Seems like the perfect moment doesn't it? Well it's not. It's a truly dreadful moment. Not because he's standing so close to me or that I'm staring up at the most gorgeous guy I've ever seen, it's because I know this can't happen. No matter how much I might want it to.

I sighed as he gently stoked my cheek with his hand. I took a step back, "You know what, Malfoy? It would be best if we didn't get involved with each other. You can date someone in your own house or someone that's not me. And you'll be fine."

He frowned at me and his eyebrows pulled together, "What if I won't?"

I sighed exasperated, "It's only the first day! And I can't deal with all of this. Just...Just leave me alone." I turned and started back to the castle. All I have to do is block that whole conversation out of my mind and everything will be fine. First thing's first, I have to kill Cassie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What did you guys think of that one? For some reason I think that was too early for Kelly and Draco to have a moment like that. I'm not gonna post the next one until I get some messages on what you think because I need to know if I need to re-write this chapter.