Two Star-Crossed Lovers: 042 part 1

QUICK NOTE BEFORE YOU READ!

I did replace Hermione with Kelly because I think it would be easier for just two people doing this than three or four. I DO NOT own any scenes or dialogue made by J.K. Rowling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes to see a white ceiling. Confusion filled my head and my eyebrows automatically scrunched together as I tried to remember what the bloody hell happened was going on. Then it hit me. The Black Lake and the dementors...Sirius!

I shot out of my bed and saw Cassie and Hermione standing by Ron on a bed with his leg bandaged. Their attention immediately turned to me and Cassie and Hermione ran over to me, pulling me into a hug.

"Finally, you're awake!" Cassie exclaimed.

I pulled back giving them a serious look, "Where's Sirius?"

"They captured him after you all passed out by the lake," Hermione answered.

Oh no. I hurried over to Harry's bed, whom was still unconscious. Oh no, we definitely don't have time for this. I shook his shoulder roughly, yelling his name and telling him to wake up. Cassie and Hermione tried to stop me from shaking him so hard but I swatted their hands away and continued on. We have to save Sirius, so we really don't have time for him to be sleeping.

"I saw dad." I looked down at him as he looked back up at me in a daze.

"What?" I questioned exasperatedly.

"I saw him across the lake," he continued. What the hell is he talking about?

I hurriedly dismissed it, trying to get Harry to focus, "Look, the captured Sirius and they're going to perform the kiss at any moment."

He immediately slid off the bed, "You mean they're going to kill him?"

"It's worse, much worse," Cassie intervened and we turned our attention to her. "They're going to suck out his soul," she explained sympathetically just before the doors opened and Dumbledore came walking in.

We hurried over to him, "Headmaster, you've got to stop them. They've got the wrong man," I informed him.

"It's true, sir. Sirius is innocent," Harry added.

"It's Scabbers who did it," Ron interjected from his bed.

"Scabbers?" Dumbledore questioned

"He's my rat, sir," Ron explained. "Well, he's not really a rat. He was a rat. He was my brother Percy's rat. But then they gave him an owl--"

"The point is we know the truth," I said cutting off Ron's rambling. "Please believe us."

"I do, Kelly," he replied placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "But the word of three 13-year-old wizards will convince few others," he informed us walking over to Ron's bed.

"A child's voice, however honest and true is meaningless," he began, setting his hand on Ron's injured leg causing him to moan in pain. "To those who have forgotten how to listen," he finished, patting down on Ron's injured leg, his face twisting in pain.

We heard a bell chime in the distance, signalling a new hour, and a thoughtful look spread across Dumbledore's face.

"A mysterious thing, time," he pointed out walking past us. "Powerful and when meddled with, dangerous," he continued as he stopped a few feet away from us. "Sirius Black is in the top most cell of the Dark Tower," he informed us before he turned back around. "You know the laws Miss Granger and I'm assuming you do too, Kelly. You must not be seen. And you will do well, I feel, to return before the last chime. If not, the consequences are to ghastly to discuss.