Chapter Eight : Goodbye

It's been two days, almost three since Grimlok and Belrand have met the Cracked Tusk Keep's orcs.

The chief's being nothing but nice and Grimlok was beginning to respect her choices. Even after the bizarre dragon attack that happened earlier.

Belrand was really enjoying himself with the children. They also warmed up to him and won't leave him alone.

Grimlok hid behind a tree and peaked his head.
The deer looked majestic. Its strong build, the huge antlers on its head. Too bad it was going to be today's lunch.
Grimlok looked back and signalled the others to move forwards. He took out his bow and aimed at the deer. He held his breath and focused. When he lets go the arrow whizzed through the air and dug into the deer's neck. It lets out a shriek before falling down and struggling with its pain.

After dragging it back to the keep and having a nice meal. Grimlok heard that Katlia- the chief - wanted to speak to him. She was in her room as always, marking some places on the map.

"You wanted to speak to me?" He asked, standing in front of the closed wooden door.
"Yeah," she said, closing the map and walking towards him.
"How was your day?" She asked, she stood next to him and leaned against the door. She crossed her arms.

".. What do you need, chief?" He asked.

"I've been thinking about your offer." She said. "I found it very reasonable and.. Well.. It assures us that the jarl will not bother to phase himself about us anymore." She looked down. As if disappointed.

Knowing the chief, she loves to be in charge. She loves to be someone everyone can count on. So taking another person's suggestiom to her is like being insuffecient to her group.

"It's your decision, chief." Grimlok said. "Just tell me when we can load you with money, and we'll do it."

"I was thinking about today." She said. "I heard that the jarl's men are scouting around in this area.. It's no longer safe." She explained, her expression was full of worry.

"Today it is." He turned around to grab the handle of the door. He was going to open it, but the chief forced it closed.

"Where will you go after that?" She asked.
".. No where in particular." Grimlok blinked.
She averted her gaze and stared at the floor. "I was thinking.. Maybe.. Belrand and you can come with us?" She asked.

Grimlok's been preparing for this question. He knew that the more he takes a liking to them, the harder the goodbye can be.

"I'm afraid I can't." The larger of the two said. "Belrand and I still have so much to explore. We also need to get our 'reward' from the jarl."

"You sound like you really want that reward." She smirked. "Gold, an honorary title and a piece of land. Who wouldn't want that?"

"Tsk.." he snarled. "You're making me sound selfish. I only did this for you." He glared away from her.

"Me?" She rose a brow and a brief laugh escaped her lips.

"N-No as in.. All of you." He sweatdropped. That was kind of awkward.

"I see." She nodded with a warm smile. "Oh well.." she went to grab the door's handle, that's when Grimlok backed off a little, as seeing how close they are now.
"I better tell the others to pack their stuff." She smiled and opened the door. She walked ahead and descended some staircase to announce the news to everyone.

Everybody was happy to hear that they are able to move on. Grimlok and Belrand gathered some money they've been saving in a coin purse. And gave the 550 septims to the chief. Belrand explained the plan to everyone and even though some objected, the majority agreed.