Love, War, and Force Protocol

Chapter 24

I sighed turning over to Christina. She was arguing with me because I haven't been paying enough attention to her lately because of the things dealing with Ryder. "All I'm saying is that you just ignore me.." She said playing with her blonde stripe. I sighed knowing she wanted an answer. "Look, I know that it's been hard these past few days with me being gone and stuff but its just because I don't want to see helpless people get hurt. I know that you miss me and hate going to work with me but its for your protection." I said running my fingers down her cheek. "I just don't like being alone... Your the only one that makes me feel protected.." She said shyly rubbing the black bed sheet that was covering the bottom half of her body. I smiled watching her hand before taking it in my own. "Chief Lewis is with you. He's very protective and wouldn't let anything or anyone hurt you." I said trying to sooth her. "I know..." She said looking at me, I could see the effects of my being gone in her eyes. I scooted closer to her to where I was only inches away from her. "Christina this will all be over soon" I promised and kissed her lightly. She pushed herself closer to my body desperate to be close to me. I smiled and climbed on top of her, rubbing her tan flat stomach. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I smiled. "Have you ever gotten shot?" She asked suddenly. I giggled "yeah... The bullet went through my vest and hit me.. The doctors removed it and now I don't have a scar because they gave me medicine to put on it" I said and she smiled. "Where were you shot?" She asked and I looked down pointing near my belly button. She ran her fingers over the place where the surgery scar would have been. "Oh" she said and I smiled leaning down and started to kiss all over her neck. She giggled entangling her fingers into my hair, pulling on it lightly causing me to look up and kiss her lips. She gasped as I deepened the kiss lowering my body onto hers. She whimpered and we pulled away panting and I smiled. "Time to go to work!" I said joyfully and she groaned. "I don't wanna go to work!!!" She whined and I smiled getting off of her and started putting on some clothes.

I walked into the base with Christina behind me, her fingers intertwined with mine. "Tara we found out something." The chief said and I let go of Christina's hand. "What? And why hasn't Lt. Brian been here lately?" I asked. "The location of Ryder... And he quit" he said and my heart started pounding. We had finally found him. "Why did Lt. Brian quit?" I asked confused. "I dont know he said he wasn't cut out for this.. After he found out that all of those people got shot he said that he wouldn't be able to take it and quit" He said shrugging. "Okay, where is Ryder?" I asked suddenly feeling anger boil up inside of me. "He's set up in a warehouse north of here.." He said and I nodded. "Okay, stay here with Christina. I'm going to find that bastard." I said and called out to my team, they all came running around the corner waiting for my orders. "Don't kill him." Chief Lewis said and I nodded suiting up and going out to my squad car.

We pulled up to an old abandoned warehouse that looked to have many rooms and stories. "What's it look like inside?" I asked Karen our dispatcher. "It's pretty dark... There's not lights on and the power doesn't work... You'll have to use night vision. There are many rooms and levels to this building so be careful... If I were you I wouldn't split up." She said and I nodded. "Okay, thanks Karen" I said and was about to get out when I heard her voice come over my radio again "be careful" she said and I smiled "I will" I said and turned off my radio and stepped out of my car making sure to shut the door quietly. "Goggles on" I whispered and my team grabbed there night vision goggles, I doing the same. I took a deep breath taking out my rifle, making sure it was loaded, and looked at my team. "We are going to stay together. Karen said there are a lot of rooms and levels so we need to stay alert." I said and they all nodded. My heart started pounding as I found the door and entered, opening it quietly, stepping into the cold building switching on my night vision. Everything became clear, we were standing in a hallway. There was only two doors on this level but I knew that there would be plenty more. I slowly went to the first door and watched my team huddle around me. I pointed toward the door and then at myself showing that I was going to open the door and they should be ready to back me up. I slowly turned the knob seeing it turn, it was unlocked. I opened the door all of the way and I slowly proceeded into the cold room, my gun drawn. It was a small room with no other doors. There was nothing in this room. I shook my head from side to side and we walked out of the door and checked the next door. Nothing.