Love, War, and Force Protocol

Chapter 14

"WHAT?!" I yelled shooting out of my chair. "I've been working here for five years and it takes one little thing to get me fired?!" I yelled throwing my hands up in frustration. I looked behind me to see my whole squad pressed up against the glass trying hear what we were saying. "Yes, it's a big thing. I'm not against gays but its in the rules." The chief said standing up. "Where does it say anything about that in the rule book?!" I yelled getting angrier by the second. "Page one!!!" He yelled grabbing the hand book from his desk and opening it to the first page. I looked and sure enough it said no gays allowed. "You can get mad if you want but your off the squad! I'm sorry but it's not my personal decision. You either break up with her or your gone!" He yelled placing the book back to where it was. I stood there shocked. I didn't know what to say. Pick her or do what I love. "Pick now." He said calmly.

"I pick her." I said looking at him. He sat back down writing something down. "Isn't there something I can do?" I asked. "You can go against the whole force by setting up a trial to try and get gays into this squad... But it's highly unlikely that you would win." He said looking up at me. "I'm going to do it. I don't care, I'm not going to give up." I said and turned around to leave. "Tara." He said as I reached the door. I turned around and he was next to me. "Your badge" he said. I went into my back pocket and grabbed the medal piece that I had held onto for two years. I handed it to him and looked him in the eyes. "I'm not going to give up. I wont stop fighting for this." I said and walked out. I watched as my men lined up and saluted me. I smiled feeling highly cared for and appreciated by these men. I walked out of the building not saying another word.

I walked into the apartment to hear Christina singing. "What song was that?" I asked trying to hide my anger. "Arms" she said and put down her guitar. I have no clue when she brought that in... "How was work?" She asked smiling. My anger set in again and I punched the nearest thing. The wall... Christina jumped from her seat and ran over to me. "What happend!?" She asked grabbing my hand so see blood now on my knuckles. "I got fired!" I said trying not to yell at her. She pulled me into the kitchen grabbing a paper towel and wetting it. "Why!?" She asked looking at me shocked. "Because I'm gay. There's no gays allowed. So they had to fire me. I'm going to go against the force to try to get gays allowed." I said and her mood changed to depressed. "So... This is because of me?" She asked her eyes getting watery. "No, don't think that. I love you Christina. I wouldn't want to be with anyone else!" I said trying to hug her but she pushed me away. "Quite! I'm trying to get the blood off!" She said dabbing at my knuckles. "Fine. Don't blame yourself for this. I love you and I'm not going to just give up." I said and she smiled. "Okay, next time when your mad can you not punch the wall? Punch something softer like a pillow" she said and I giggled. I watched as she put a bandage over my hand. "Thanks" I said and she kissed my forehead.

"How are you going to do this?" She asked pulling me on to the couch and on her lap. "I'm going to get a lawyer. Then I'm going to take this to court." I said laying my head down on her chest. "Sounds good. You need a really good lawyer though." She said running her fingers over my cheek. "I know..." I said closing my eyes. I was suddenly exhausted. "Don't go to sleep yet. You won't be able to sleep tonight." She said kissing me lightly. I smiled and opened my eyes. I started staring at her. She was perfect and somehow I loved her more than anything else in the world after just two months. "I love you" I said kissing her neck. She giggled. I tangled my fingers into her hair kissing down her collar bone. "Tara" she whimpered pulling me closer. I smiled and kissed her lips. She opened wider allowing me access. I attacked her tongue receiving a moan. I smirked pushing her down on to the couch. I took off her shirt kissing down her flat stomach her hands tangled into my hair, her breath light and fast. She started whimpering as I got further down.

"TARA!"

I jumped off of Christina looking at Vince and Kent standing there. There faces were shocked. "How did you get in here?" I asked looking from Christina back to them. Christina's face was red and she was looking on the floor for her shirt. I smirked and picked it up, handing it to her. "The door was unlocked... We wanted to see if you were okay..." Vince said looking down at the floor. "You seem to be taking it well considering that you almost had sex with your singer girlfriend." Kent said smirking. I punched him in the arm. "Shut up! And yes I'm fine. I'm going to fight back." I said and they smirked. "There's the girl that we know and love" Kent said and they both hugged me. I smiled "she never left" I said and looked over at Christina. "Can we do introductions tomorrow? I'm really tired. You guys can stay if you want." I said walking into my bedroom.

They both agreed and started to make a bed on the floor near me and Christina's bed. I crawled in bed still wearing my clothes. "Your that tired that your not even going to take your clothes off?" She asked helping Vince with his blankets. "Yes!" I said groaning. "Come here" she said crawling over to me. "No!" I said trying to hide under the blankets. I know.. I can be a little kid sometimes but I didn't want to change I just wanted to sleep. "Come here! Stop being difficult!" Christina said yanking at the cover. I knew Kent and Vince were watching. "Nooo!" I yelled trying to fight her off. She yanked the cover free from my grasp and started to yank at my shirt but I started to fight her off. Vince giggled. "Quite!" She said giggling. She got on top of me and started to pull at me shirt again. "Get off!" I screeched pushing her hands away. "Quite!!!!" She yelled. I allowed her to take off my shirt but she was not going to get my pants off. "Please let me take your pants off" she said rubbing my stomach. "No" I said "yes" she said running her hands down my stomach. She stopped at the top of my pants. "Are you trying to seduce me?" I questioned raising my eye brow. "Maybe" she said kissing my collar bone. I felt her unbutton my pants I sighed. "I'll take them off. Quite it!" I said and pushed her away. She giggled "was that so hard?" She asked as I took my pants off. "Extremely" I said and slide into bed next to her. "Night guys" I said and closed my eyes. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.