Chapter Two; "Friday Night."

Jason's POV

"Fuck," I cursed angrilly as I cut myself with the sharp blade, instantly sucking on the small cut on my finger, the blood mixing with my saliva.

I sighed, pulling my hand away from my mouth so I could examine the tiny wound.

I rolled my eyes and let it bleed slowly, lifting the chopping board to slide all the diced capsicum into the hot pan.

I was alone in my shitty one bedroom apartment, cooking myself a dinner out of scratch.

All I had were nearly rotten capsicum, two eggs, and half a carton of Apple Juice.

I wasnt looking forward to the shit meal, but if I didnt eat something today, I'd probably stab someone.

After allowing the frying food to simmer, my phone began going off from the charger on the other side of the bench.

I leant over, without giving much thought into answering it, "Hello?"

"Jase," Luke's voice rung through, "You're not busy, right?"

I snorted, "I spend most of my days at a lifeless library, and my nights sitting in a quiet apartment all alone, of course I'm not busy. What's up?"

"Great, there's a raging party happening right now." Luke beamed through the phone.

"Partying? Marty is dead, why the hell are you-"

"Jason, I fucking know, but I just wanna distract myself, y'know?" Luke murmured, "Been so stressed, just wanna loosen up."

I sighed, pursing my lips, "How raging is this party?"

I felt like I could hear the grin through Luke's voice, "Drugs and alcohol, and two hundred fucked up idiots in one abandoned warehouse... I'm outside right now and I can feel the cement vibrate through my shoes!"

I chuckled, "Text me the location."

"Already on it, see you soon!" Luke sung happily, before hanging up.

I smiled and shook my head, turning off the stove; I could always ask Luke to buy me something to eat.

I was getting paid in three days, I'd pay him back.

My phone buzzed twice, signalling a text, to which I knew I needed to change into something a little more outgoing.

~

"Bout time you made it!" Luke grinned at me as I walked into the loud party.

"Yeah, you owe me a burger for coming." I laughed, wandering around to the bar with him.

I could tell Luke had been drinking before I came.

"Okay, as long as its from McDonald's because I aint buying some non-junk food burger." Luke chuckled and danced a bit as he grabbed a shot of something.

I rolled my eyes at him playfully, "All burgers are junk food."

"No." Luke pouted, pulling me with him so he could dance.

He's lucky I wasnt in the mood to drink.

After about twenty minutes of watching Luke grind girls and guys everywhere, he stumbled and passed me his keys, "I gotta take a piss real quick, mind my keys while I go outside... aint waitin in that line." He chuckled and pointed at the line up of people waiting to use the bathroom.

I gave him a nod, "I'm gonna be near the bar." I told him and he nodded back, rushing out.

I chuckled and took a seat, eying the crowd.