❀ 16- Faint Reminders

Start from the beginning

It's funny how one accompany you, you don't realize how the time pasts so quick.

I suddenly stopped in my tracts, and I turned my head to the side to see a lit up vending machine.

I walked towards it to peer inside of it to see little milk cartons with many different flavors.

This was where he got me that strawberry milk carton that one time...

I wanted to drink one again and so I reached inside my pocket to take out some leftover change I had, and placed them in the slots, and pressed the button to buy one of the strawberry milk, and one of the chocolate.

As I watched it slide out, it suddenly stopped on the edge.

I banged my fist on the cover for it to go.

It didn't.

"Yah," I say, and banged my fists on it, which it didn't even budge at all.

I began to grow angry at it.

"I really had a crappy day and I need this!" I yelled at it, as my tears started to flow. "Come on, just work for me this one time...?" I sniffed as I rested my head on it, feeling hopeless again.

As I leaned there, I didn't notice that there was person who came up to the vending machine.

I turned my head to see a guy putting his money in the slot, completely ignoring that I was standing there.

He then realized the vending machine was stuck, and I opened my mouth.

"Ah, excuse me, my milk carton is still-"

He turned and looked at me, and cocked his head.

"Move."

Geez... What's wrong with him?
I thought, as I stepped away for him.

I didn't know what he was doing, but when he kicked the vending machine, earning both mine and his milk cartons to drop, I changed my mind about him.

He crouched down, and grabbed both of the milk cartons, and handed the strawberry and chocolate one to me as he grabbed his own also.

"Um... thank you," I say, as I accepted it from him.

He didn't say anything, but opened his carton and took a huge gulp out of it.

As he did, I looked at him. He seemed to look a little familiar, although I couldn't pinpoint where I had seen him at.

He looked around my age, seeing how he was dressed in school uniform still.

So I asked him.

"Have... I seen you before?"

He had already finished his milk carton, and looked up at me. He only sighed as an answer, but then he dug in his pants packets, to take out some change, and showed it to me.

I looked at it in confusion.

"You dropped your change when you threw it in the convenient store. I was behind you, so I collected them and tried to get you but you were quick, and ran away." He said, and offered it back to me.

"Besides, that was so awesome how you just leaned over to scan your things like that. You must have been really late for something." He said with a half smile.

"Ah..." I say, remembering that night when my mother wanted me to get late night grocery, and the cashier guy was taking slow as heck, but I had to go meet Tae at the Banpo bridge so I hurried it all up.