❀ 2- Play Ground

I walked back home from school, as my conscious was still telling me to keep looking behind me to see if the strange boy I met today in class was still following me.

I sighed in relief, when I saw there was no one that was behind me.

What he said to me this morning left me speechless.

Who was he to tell me his opinion that longer hair looked better on me?

Is he a hair stylist or something?

What a weirdo!

He kept on tapping on my shoulder, and when I turned my head to look at him, he made different funny faces at me every time I turned his way. What I found was even more strange about him, was that he hung out with Namjoon and the boys at lunch!

Not any ordinary new boy  would gain so much popularity to hang out with those boys.

I couldn't even believe my eyes when I saw him sitting with them, laughing and talking with them like he was their childhood friends... or maybe???

Who really knows.

I don't even care anymore.

I soon arrived at my neighborhoods community park, and sighed. This is where I would always go to when my parents aren't at home when I come home from school... it is also the place where I go when I needed to clear my head for a bit.

I walked through the park towards the gates of the small empty playground, and came towards the swings where I placed my backpack down at the base.

I sat down, and began to push myself back and forth, and began to swing.

The soft breeze felt good on my skin as I swang, and I closed my eyes for the most of the time as I swung back and forth, remembering the other times I've come here in the past few years doing the same thing since it relaxed me.

But, there was a sudden interruption that caused me to open my eyes.

There was a crunch, of someone's foot stepping on some dead leaves and twigs, and I looked up and saw he was already looking at me.

It was Kim Taehyung!

He gulped, and stood up straighter as he pulled onto his backpack straps.

"Um... sorry I-I was trying to keep quiet since I thought you were sleeping."

Sleeping???
While swinging???

I put my foot down into the sand, and stopped from swinging. I looked up at him, judging if I should be mean, or should be nice.

"Hey... do you think you are slick... sneaking up on me like that? Were you following me here?"

He shook his head, and spoke up a little.

"N-no... I just wanted to visit this playground since I've always wanted to play in it ever since I moved into this neighborhood." He defended, looking back at me with those innocent eyes.

Did I just hear him say the word... play?

"Aren't you a bit too old for that?" I stated, and he looked down when I looked at him.

I closed my eyes, and mentally slapped myself in the face. I'm a complete hypocrite right now.

After some silence, he scratched the back of his head. "So... are you from this neighborhood?"

"Why do you care? Are you going to stalk me as I walk back to my house?" I say. When he started to defend himself, I just got off the swings, picking up my backpack as I did.

I turned back to him and gave him a glare.

"I'm going now, but don't you dare try to follow me back to my home. Or else,"

I walked past him, but then stopped in my tracts.

I then turned back to him, seeing how his eyes were still on the ground even when I passed by him.

"Oh by the way..." I started.

His eyes flickered back on me.

I smirked. "What you told me earlier today in class... I don't care about your opinion about my hair. It's my hair and I can do whatever I want with it."

I turned back again, and began to walk towards the exit of the gates, leaving him still standing there in the playground.

As I walked, instead of feeling fully accomplished, there was this lingering feeling telling me that I shouldn't have been that mean towards him, but I ignored it and continued to walk home.

There was a reason why I needed to be mean to boys. They are all the same when it comes to what they do to girls. I needed to stay away from innocent looking boys.

They are the most dangerous ones.

I've learned my lesson already.
No need to make a mistake again.

I arrived at my house, and sighed.

I took my shoes off after entering and wore my house slippers and walked into the kitchen where I set my backpack off, and looked into the refrigerator for some food since I was hungry.

"I'm so hungry..." I say as my stomach began to rumble. "It's okay stomach. You'll be getting to eat something soon, right after I try to find something good to eat." I say to myself, and saw a container of strawberries and grabbed it.

I then reached up in the freezer to get the whipped cream, and set them all on the island, and grabbed a bowl to put them all in. After putting both whip cream and strawberries in a bowl, I sat down on the stool, and began to munch.

Afterwards, I went upstairs to get started on doing my first homework this year.

It was when I just finished it around 6:00 when I heard the door open, and my mom calling me to get downstairs.

Well that's weird.
She usually comes home later.

I came downstairs, and saw her in the kitchen with newly bought ingredients as she started up the stove, and put on an apron.

"Um mom...why are you preparing dinner so early?"

She ignored my question as she waved me in. "I need you to cut the vegetables for me please,"

"Mom, what's going on?" I asked as I came forward and helped her by beginning to help her with the cutting of the vegetables.

"You know the family who just moved into that one house that nobody lived in a while? Well it turns out, the father is friends with your dad from a while back! We are going to be cooking dinner for the family since we have invited them to. Your dad is going to be home soon to help prepare also. Aigoo! Would you hurry and not stand there doing nothing?! We have no time left to chitchat!"

Family who moved in...
inviting them for dinner...
the dad is friends with my dad...

"No, that can't be..." I say in disbelief as I thought of Kim Taehyung.

"Yah! Did you hear me? Stop talking and do the work please." My mom pointed at me with her wooden spoon.

I gulped, and swallowed my words and got back to work on cutting the vegetables.

That's great. Looks like that kid will be coming over to my house. He's going to know where I live also. That's just absolutely great.

"This is gong to be fun..."
I say under my breath.

"What are you mumbling about?" My mother said, and I shut my mouth completely.

xxx