"Don't you think she could be lying?" He questions me.

"If she was lying I wouldn't know things about her that a double agent would keep a secret. I wouldn't know she has an older brother and a younger sister. I wouldn't know that she works with her older brother in her father's shop making nets from 4:00pm until 10:00pm without a break everyday after school after she picks up her sister and takes her home. I wouldn't know that she would do anything to protect her little sister, who's name is Coral, even if it meant taking the blame for something she didn't do or even result in her possible death." I tell him and he seems convinced.

He loosens his grip slightly but doesn't let me go. "Why did you leave the careers?" Spud asks still cautious.

"They only kept me for a guard dog and I know I would be the first person they kill." She tells him honestly. He must believe her because he let's me go.

"Well I guess we either become allies or we fight to death." I say and both Renée and Spud prepare to fight. Something tells me we won't be allies...

I stand frozen as I see Spud lunge at Renée, who jumps out of the way and manages to shoot an arrow that grazes Spud's right arm. Unfortunately he is left handed so it didn't affect him. His machete cuts Renée's forehead a little when he takes a swipe at her. She aims an arrow at his head but it misses and lodges into a near by tree. Spud then lunges at Renée again and this time she falls back and he pins her to the ground. He has his back facing me and I see his arm raised in preparation to stab my ally. Without thinking I pick up the spear that Renée had taken from the careers, that I had dropped as Spud put me in a head lock, and throw it in their direction as I close my eyes. I hear a canon sound. I open my eyes to see my first kill.

___________________________________________________________

Bridget:

Summer looks terrified as she realises what she's done. She has just thrown a spear into the District 11 boy's back and killed him. She apologizes to Renée but Renée just thanks her and assures her that it's fine because if Summer hadn't of killed him then he would have killed Renée. It is obvious that Summer feels bad about it but it ha to be done. I just want to give her a hug.

Nothing else really happens in the Games although the servant girl Kara gives Haymitch a note about sponsor money. Finnick and Mags send Summer and Renée 3 empty bottles to hold their water. That gives them 4 bottles in total because Summer had one from her pack. They fill them up and decide to make camp. They find a willow tree with two large sturdy branches so they can sleep near each other.

After that they wait for the faces to appear in the sky. When they do, Summer is surprised to see Harman's face shining in the dark night sky after the District 6 girl and District 11 boy that she killed. She seems sad for a minute but then composes herself after deciding something in her head. When the anthem plays and the night goes silent Summer and Renée go to sleep. I count the tributes in my head. Twelve tributes gone in 2 days.

I'm getting pretty tired. I yawn and stretch as I say good night to the Victors and Peyton who is fine with me and understands about the press twisting everything. I go to my room an put my silky pajamas on and slip under the covers into a dreamless sleep.

I wake up and decide to put no effort into what I'm wearing so I put my hair up into a sloppy bun and put my black leggings and a t-shirt, that is a size to big, on. I pull on my fluffy Ugg boots and head down to the Victors Lounge. Everyone is already there. Including a sober Haymitch. I smile. He's actually going through with this. I sit down next to Haymitch who is talking to Chaff. I look over at the screen and nothing interesting is happening. It's a slow day and I hope for Summer's sake that the Game Makers don't decide to spice it up.