Spottedleaf's afterlife

Spottedleaf's POV

The faint dim of Silverpelt glittered coldly as I leapt over the fallen log and settled down on a strangely smooth rock.

Everything was strange here- the rocks, the scenery, the grass. Everything was strangely perfect, grass the softest possible, the sunset beautiful.

The only one I was waiting for, sadly, couldn't be here. Where I am now, the reincarnation sky, had no one, except me.

That's how it is, the reincarnation sky is for you to process your whole life, laugh and cry at your memories. But after that, they're all taken away.

It may or may not be a good thing, but losing all your memories-the good and bad ones, may not be the best thing for me.

I would wait forever, an eternity, if I could see my love again.

"No!" I snarled as I shoved Mapleshade to a side.

"Why are you helping her? Sandstorm stole Firestar from you! You should help me kill her!" Within a quick moment, she leapt up on her feet once more, teeth bared.

"There was nothing to steal. She made him happy!" I growled as I turned to face Sandstorm.

"Very well. Die, medicine cat." Mapleshade raised a paw and sliced my throat open.

As I slipped away, I heard the faint yowl of my love, my Firestar. I could barely make out what he was saying, but I knew it.

"I'm sorry, my love. I can't wait for you in Starclan anymore."

What i said to Mapleshade, partly was true. Yes, I did feel jealousy when I saw Firestar and Sandstorm together, but I always didn't stay long to watch them.

Every touch, every smile given to Sandstorm by Firestar, I had to fight to stop myself from descending from Starclan to where they were now and rip Sandstorm from him.

"She made him happy," that was true. I can never deny it. But a tiny part of me believed strongly that I could've made him happier than Sandstorm.

"Spottedleaf, it's time to go." A black and white furred cat called from behind, gesturing to the small hole in the ground.

It's time. Nervously, I padded over. It was time for me to be reincarnated. I held on to the memory of Fireheart, hoping that the reincarnation process would have a little hiccup, and I would remember my love. I would give up my life to see him once more.

Holding my breath, I jumped into the dark, endless hole.

Firestar, wait for me.