...

"Láile, Laila!!"

"Kuru, aller!!"

"Special offer!"

The muffled cacophony of voices and hums and purrs of engines greets them with a familiar hand.

Yellow light pours through their murky yellowing blinds; creating patterns of vertical lines across the frail, corpse like body.

Cough. Cough. Cough.

Their hand shoots out, faster than lighting. The sound of plastic and foil clattering submerged them in a thick, black, suffocating fog, fingers scurrying to find the small discs of peace.

Yet, there's no time to comprehend or regain thought before loud bombarding hollers come from behind the door.

"Ay, Harley, time to get up!!"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm up!"

In the haze of the early morning, stumbling.

Finally out the rusting door; sunrays like golden honey, beating down on torrid earth as crisp air sends shivers through the core of bones.

Zoom.

The sound of vehicles darting and zipping across the sky.

Zoom.

"Ei, watch where you're going!!"

Zoom. Zoom.

The sound of the suburban market is now much clearer, the once faint voices now booming, blaring through the intricate labyrinth of dingy alleys. Assortments of stenches: decaying carcasses, sweet soaps and perfumes, sour sweat and the filthy frying oils that bubble and sizzle consume the nostrils of passers-by.

Time stops for no one.

Soon, the once stuffed narrow streets of the market begin to empty. Only few stay behind.

Before eyes can blink, the once desolate skied become flooded with white laser beams of light.

Pale blue transitions to elegant turquoise, amethyst and soft pinks, then finally settles on deep navy blue.

Neon signs flicker, illuminate the nearby surroundings, projecting mixtures of lambent yellow, pink and blue onto mouldy crumbling walls.

"Jeje! Harley, what are you doing!? You know you can't have thoughts in this day and age!"

Sorry...