Chapter Three

Mulai dari awal

"You knew?" I said full of doubt.

"Of course, you'd go to see how your father was. I didn't have the answers so you would find them yourself. I thought I'd better let you calm down. I didn't think you'd answer if I called and after so long I knew you'd be with your dad and I should give you your space. But it got later, and later, when I called you-"

"I broke my phone." I said flatly.

"I see. You do that quite often. But I had no way of knowing that. What I did know is you'd been drinking tonight, you were upset, probably even crying. You've plenty of enemies and you left alone. I didn't know if you wrecked, were run off the road, taken..." He let his words trail off and I actually felt a little sorry for him.

"You were..." He was worried.

"Terrified." He said and then chuckled. "Me, of all people. Terrified. I've had my people out all night looking for you."

I found sudden fascination with the floor. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." I muttered and when he released my wrists and cupped my face I didn't fight him.

"You are the only one who can terrify me Katherine." I didn't mean to terrify him. In fact, it seemed crazy to me. He was the one with all the power, money, and resources. But yet I was the one who scared him? He ran his thumbs across my cheek bones and exhaled loudly through his nose with a clenched jaw. "The idea of you hurt..."

I thought back to the night we'd been taken by the Bonanno. How he'd been tied to that chair in complete calmness knowing his death was probably coming. The moment his eyes found me the demeanor had changed. The way he had said per favore in regards to that bastard touching me.

What was I doing tonight? With Nash? Going behind Alessio's back like that? Betraying him.

"I love you Katherine Soranto" He said it slowly, putting emphasis on each and every single word and my heart beat doubled in speed.

I pulled back just as he leaned forward. "Okay, but you can't going around shooting people's dads. It makes for bad feels."

He smirked. "Oh? Bad feels eh?"

I nodded and allowed him to kiss me this time. It was a gentle but long kiss. His tongue never searched for entrance, his fingers didn't grip my hair, there was only a small touch of desperation between the two of us.

We pulled apart and Alessio looked into my eyes. He looked like he was searching for all of the answers, and I was quite terrified that he would find them. "I love you." He said again and my heart did another round of summersaults.

"Can we please go to sleep?" I asked hopeful to keep from finding all of my secrets.

"God yes." He said and dropped his hands from my cheeks. "Take off and burn that fụcking jacket though. Your father's?"

"No actually. Just one of the guys down there. They're all pretty familiar with me." I reminded him. It wasn't exactly a complete lie.

"In any case." He said and unzipped it. "I can't stand the sight of you in it."

"Close your eyes." I teased and he smirked.

"My, you're sassy tonight."

I stuck my tongue out at him. He pushed the jacket off of my shoulders and scanned me over.

"I'd already forgot how this dress looked on you." He muttered. I opened my mouth to say something snarky and just bursting with wit. "But the image of the dress off of you will never leave me."

"Alessio!" I gasped and swatted his arm. Wit be damned. "Sleep you little pervert."

He grinned and kissed me. "Only for you my sweet."

He took my hand and began leading me back up the stairs to the room we shared. "Alessio?"
"Mm?" He replied without turning to look at me.

"I do."

"You do?"

"Back at the casino...you, er, you asked me..." He stopped walked, we were only halfway up the stairs and he was just staring at me. "Well I mean, I said something...and you asked..."

He started walking again at a slightly faster pace now. "I asked if you loved me." He said simply, practically dragging me now.

"Hey would you slow down? I'm trying to have a conversation here!" I said frustrated. He was completely killing the moment. Didn't this man realize I was trying to admit that I loved him?

He dragged me all the way to our room. He spun around and forced my back against the door before opening it. "Say it." He breathed.

"What the bloody hell are you going around now?" I muttered putting my hands on his shoulders.

"What you were just saying."

I pouted. "You mean what I was trying to say. But you wouldn't stop dragging me around your obnoxiously big house like a damn rag doll-"

"Katherine." He groaned impatiently. He put a hand on my waist and one on the crook of my neck.

"Oh yeah, well you asked a question and the answer is yes." I flushed.

"I asked if you loved me." He reminded me. I nodded mutely. "Say it."

He couldn't possibly expect that.

"Say. It."

But he did.

"Katherine." He said softly running the hand up from my neck and up to my cheek. "I love you. Those are not words I use in excess. You realize that don't you? I love my lasagna with extra sauce, I love my dogs large, I love the view from on top of the bridge early in the morning, the feeling you get in moments of complete silence after a show down. I love my suits ironed, tailored, one of a kind. I love many things, but people? That, my darling, is a rarity."

"But you love me." I whispered.

"You are my rarity..." He glanced down to my lips and them back to my eyes. "My single rose in a field of daisies."

"I love you Alessio." I whispered and he opened the door behind me and we fell back into the room immediately tangled up in one another, tripping over our feet and stumbling through the dark trying to make our way to the bed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

8/11/15

So wattpad decided to spontaneously delete a dozen of my chapters between WTSGD and Chasing Stars and I'm really just not in the mood to rewrite all the author's notes. So thanks wattpad for that. Here is the chapter REuploaded.

Enjoy, and please don't forget to vote and comment.