CHAPTER 7

Emily's POV :

I was sitting on the couch in the living room watching Pretty Little Liars and snapping Max when Demi came down the stairs. She stood in the archway with looking half asleep indicating she had just woke up from a nap and her eyes were bloodshot from crying.

"Heyyy... I'm sorry for obviously overstepping my boundary earlier." She said awkwardly.

"Yeah whatever, where's mom and dad?" I asked not taking my eyes off my phone.

"They got stuck in traffic picking up Maddie from that fancy dance audition across town. They said it was that bad they might have to stay at a hotel and come home tomorrow." She rambled. I felt Demi's stare on the back my head so I turned to look at her and flinched as she whipped my phone out of my grip and tried to make a run for it but failed miserably and started rolling around the floor giggling and trying to get to her feet. I tried to stay mad and not laugh but her flopping about the floor had me in stitches. She eventually got up and started running around the trying to unlock my phone as I chased her. I eventually caught up with her and rugby tackled her to the ground stealing my phone back. We both lay on the floor out of breath,

"What was the need?" I said trying to hold back laughter but I couldn't. She was just the biggest woman-child I'd ever seen.

"You were ignoring me." She pouted. I shook my head as I stood up,

"I'll get you back, just wait." I said walking up the stairs.

A few hours later I got a snap from Max asking if I wanted to hang tomorrow when I heard footsteps coming up the stairs towards my room. I quickly replied and locked my phone throwing it beside me on the bed. I rolled over so I was facing the wall and pulled the covers over me just in time as the door opened. I quickly shut my eyes pretending to be asleep as I felt the bed move and sink beside me. I felt someone's arms wrap around my waist and I was pulled in to their warm embrace. I didn't even care who it was at this point, I was just grateful for a hug. Just as my eyelids were getting heavy and I nearly fell asleep I heard a whisper "I'm sorry for everything, from now on I'm always here and I'll never leave you again, I promise" I almost smiled at the thought of that. Now I know it's Demi and knowing her she never keeps her promises but it was a nice gesture nonetheless.

---

When I woke up I realized Demi was gone and I quickly jumped out of the bed remembering I had a date with Max. I brushed my loosely curled light brown hair and brushed my teeth. I threw on my grey ripped hoodie and black jeans then laced up my white converse. That's the thing I loved about being around Max, I felt comfortable being my usual messy self around him and knew he wouldn't judge. Just as I grabbed my phone buzzed and a message from Max appeared on the screen.

 We weren't your usual cringe couples when it came to texting, you know, the ones with their significant others contact name set to 'baby' then a million hearts and kissy emojis

We weren't your usual cringe couples when it came to texting, you know, the ones with their significant others contact name set to 'baby' then a million hearts and kissy emojis. We could gently bully one another and joke around, hence the sarcastic 'x' after my text, of course I missed him but I wanted to wind him up.

 We could gently bully one another and joke around, hence the sarcastic 'x' after my text, of course I missed him but I wanted to wind him up

I smiled because despite the cheek he still managed to be cute. I walked outside to see a pickup truck instead of his usual Lexus. I jumped into his open arms and he spun me around then held led me to the back of the truck showing me the things he had prepared for the day. There was a blanket with pillows, a portable speaker, and snacks.

"What's all this?"

"It's a surprise." He smirked.

"I don't like surprises." I pouted as he led me into the truck.

"Well, you will after today." He said.

As the truck started to move I all of a sudden turned into the biggest tourist ever, whipping out my phone taking pictures of all the beautiful scenery and views that I had never really noticed for all the time that I had lived in Dallas. I smiled when we pulled up outside the cinema after remembering that I told him a perfect date would be the cinema. We walked through the doors and looked at the board with the showings on it

"Okayyy, so something romantic?" I asked

"You hate romantic movies!" He exclaimed

"I know I was testing you." I giggled but was actually overwhelmed that he remembered such a minor detail that was brought up so casually yesterday.

"What about that one?" He pointed at a Paranormal Activity poster.

"Sure, but is that not too scary for you?" I teased raising an eyebrow and giggling.

"We'll see who's the pussy once we get in." He smirked walking into the queue where he bought us two tickets, a large popcorn to share and a water for me. When we walked into screen 6 a load of girls starting getting out their seats and running up to Max trying to hug him and mumbling a load of different shit while practically crying. Almost like lovatics when they spot Demi.

"Emily go get us seats, I'll be there in a minute." He smiled and left me confused as I went and sat in a seat in the middle. I took out my phone and searched 'Max Schneider' and I couldn't believe my eyes...