Chapter 7

Naruto was finally discharged from the hospital. Imagine him jumping around the village happily... Got that image? Now imagine the villagers trashing that faked happiness. Because that is exactly what is happening. Naruto ran, he weaved through the crowd to shake off his pursuers. He looked around frantically in search of where to go next. He turned 'round the next corner, into a dead end. Shit... Naruto could hear them coming closer and closer.
"That demon isn't getting away this time!" One of the villagers chasing him yelled and choruses of agreement emitted from the rest of them. "He needs to die!"
"He injured our precious Uchiha!"
"We'll be hailed as heroes! We are gonna finish what the fourth hokage started! We'll do him proud."
"The council should have exiled him!"
"I think he brainwashed them!" One yelled in false realisation and agreement came from the rest of the group. They saw the flashed blonde hair disappear into a dead end. They grinned but the grin immediately fell from their face when they saw no one in the alley. "Where the f* did he go?!" The villagers all screeched. They gave up soon after and all dispersed. Naruto waited and waited until he was absolutely sure that they were really gone. He released the sheet of cloth he was holding up to blend in with the wall. Naruto sighed as he begin his journey back home. "Hey gaki!" A familiar voice yelled, Naruto panicked as he twirled around to see who it was. Dammit! Why wasn't I paying attention?! Naruto thought as he registered who called him. A woman with spiky purple hair was grinning back at him. "Hey Anko nee-chan!" Naruto said, grinning at the dango loving woman. "So... Saviour of the Uchiha-" Naruto flinched at that title. Anko did not miss that flinch that he had tried to hide. "Hey... What's wrong?"
"Nothing." Naruto said, putting up the widest grin he can muster. Anko's eyes narrowed down at him dangerously yet playfully. She didn't believe him but she knows when to stop pushing. There is clearly something wrong. Anko thought. She's find out what's wrong one way or another. "So!" Anko started, slinging an arm on the small blond. Naruto was extremely small for his age, it would come to no surprise for Anko if she ever gets him on a weighing scale and finds out he is underweight. She has had the chance to carry him once. During a mission which he went with her, he saved her and carried her all the way to a small town inn. He went against high level jonins, all by himself with Anko unconscious on the floor of the forest. Naruto had gotten someone to bandage her up and to take care of her whilst he send a few clones to try complete the mission and the real him would be taking care of her. When she had finally woken up, it was when Naruto had single handedly completed the mission and they were already on their way back to Konoha, camping somewhere in the forest about a day away from Konoha. She found Naruto leaning against a tree, trying to stay awake with feverish eyes. Anko went over to check on Naruto. She remembers him smiling weakly at her before collapsing on his side.
"So! So! So!" Anko said, as she led them to her favourite dango shop. Naruto stayed outside, sitting behind a tree whilst Anko dived into the shop to get their dangos. She came back grinning as she held out the container of dangos. "So!"
"What?" Naruto finally asked since that's the sixth time she is saying that one syllable word.
"What's wrong?" She asked after about half a minute of silence passed. Naruto turned to look at the purple haired jonin. "What do you mean?" Naruto asked, taking a bite from his stick of dango.
"I don't know. I feel... I don't know. Something just feels wrong." Anko said seriously. Naruto stayed silent as he looked at her before turning away. "Nothing's wrong!" Naruto said grinning as widely as he can manage. He looked at Anko with that almost believeable grin. Anko narrowed her eyes at him but after a few seconds of trying to read any hidden message, she grinned at him, seemingly satisfied with it.

Naruto was somewhat saddened that Anko didnt push or ask about him anymore. He doesn't want to share anything with Anko but he wants to know that someone cares. No one cares... Naruto thought, very upset. I care!!!!!!!! Kurama said to him, waving his tails around frantically. I know. I don't know what to do Kurama. I'm scared.

"Hey gaki, I needa go." Anko said sadly. She loves spending time with the sun-kissed blond. His attitude is just so contagious. It makes her really happy just being with the blond. "Bye Anko nee-chan!" Naruto exclaimed, faking a wide grin. Anko smiled, the kid can be polite subconsciously. She noticed that when he is rude, like calling their hokage 'baa-chan', he was doing it purposely. Probably to get a reaction out of them. He always knew how to get reactions out of people. It was always with different techniques. Some loves being called nee-chan, example Anko, some gets riled up with insults, some just doesn't react. When they don't, Naruto usually just annoys them until he gets one or he would use the silent treatment until two seconds later the people get worried and gives him a reaction.
Anko felt something was off but that was probably because the hokage might be sending her on a dangerous mission. She's always gets those alarm bells even before she knew she was on a dangerous mission, it just gives her a heads up. What she doesn't know is that it's Naruto that was causing those alarm bells inside her to go off. It was the fake smiles she didn't notice, it was the silent wisdom she failed to see. It was the hidden pain that had exposed itself once or twice that she failed to notice. The silent cries for help that everyone ignored just because of one stupid thing. Rumours.
Naruto dragged his feet on the ground, walking back home. He was happy that Anko had decided to use the time off work to spend it with him instead of someone else. She had told him that Yugao, Anko's bestfriend, and her boyfriend Hayate wanted to come with her today but they suddenly had a mission. Yugao and Hayate were also friends with Naruto. Naruto found himself in his rundown and trashed apartment. He suddenly had an overwhelming feeling as he slid down the wall next to the window in a corner of his room. Memories hitting him hard.