Chapter 3

Aren't you gonna wake up kit?
No. Naruto whispered as he rocked back and forth. Kurama wrapped one of his tail comfortingly around Naruto. The big furball was trying very hard to get Naruto to get out of his coma. It has been 5 weeks already since Naruto had slipped into coma. Why not? Your friends are worried. Naruto snorted at that. They aren't. They don't care about me Kurama. I don't care about me. He said, whispering the last part.
Rookie 9, Iruka, Jiraiya, Tsunade and a few other shinobi that are friends with the rookie 9's senseis went to visit Naruto. They all took turns, visiting at different hours.
Sasuke was on the way into Naruto's room when he saw something that made him freeze. A nurse was standing over Naruto with an injection needle. "Die! You demon!" She said angrily and was about to stab Naruto when Sasuke intervened. "What do you think you're doing?" Sasuke growled out dangerously, his sharingan spinning. The nurse gulped as she struggled to get free. "Uh. It's a ... nutrition needle!" She came up with an excuse and for a second thought the Uchiha prodigy believed her. "Right, and why did you shout die demon?"
She began sweating profusely. Shit! I'm caught what do I do?! He's going to kill me! She braced herself but when she felt nothing except for the fact that she was released, she opened her eyes. "I'm going to report you to lady Tsunade. Leave. Now." Sasuke said, a dangerous and protective aura emitting even stronger from him. "Hai!" She said frantically before scrambling away.
They care, kit! Kurama said softly to the blond teen. Fine. I'll wake up...Please don't blame me kurama. I'm sorry to have disappointed you.
Noooo!! You didn't disappoint me!! You made me so proud!! I'm very very very very very proud of you! Naruto gave her a small smile that never reached his eyes. He can't smile anymore. It's scaring him.
Naruto's eyes fluttered open slowly. He could hear a slight gasp and someone shouting something. Naruto was still a little lightheaded as he tried to register what is happening around him. He blinked at someone who was hovering above him. "Naruto? Can you hear me? How do you feel?" Tsunade. Although her question was not answered when Naruto's heart rate increased and he trashed. "What's happening?" Sasuke asked. "Shit!" Tsunade cursed as she tried to calm Naruto. "It's alright Naruto calm down. That's right. Good boy. You'll be alright. I'm here, I won't let anything happened to you." She stroked his head in a comforting manner. Naruto still held a little panic in his eyes. Naruto then started coughing with the tube still in him, it moved out of position and stabbed him from the inside. Blood came up the tube as he coughed. Tsunade knocked Naruto out before trying to treat him. She removed the tube and healed as much as she could. It killed her to have to knock Naruto out. It killed her to see the blond blob of sunshine's eyes widened before rolling to the back of his head. It killed her to see him in such a pain and panicky state. "He'll be fine Sasuke. He'll wake up soon. I'm sure." She tried to sound like she is reassuring Sasuke but she was just reassuring herself.

**************

Naruto woke up again and didn't feel the tube down his throat. Thank god. He felt pressure on either his hands so he looked over to see Sasuke sleeping on one side and Sakura on the other. Naruto clenched his fist as panic rises up his throat. Calm down. Calm down. She didn't mean what she said... Naruto thought desperately.
'Noooo. She meant every word she said.' The voice inside his head taunted. No! You're wrong! Naruto screamed back as he felt panic trying to escape him.
'How wrong am I? Aren't I always right? Look, I told you that banshee would not love you. Isn't that right?!'
Shut up! Calm down. I can do this. Don't listen to that voice. Naruto took a shaky breath. He slipped his hands away from both of them. Calm down. Calm- screw this! Naruto thought as he slipped away from the bed quietly.
Sakura stifled a yawn as she lifted her head from the bed. Sasuke, too, woke up from their slumber. "Hey Sasuke-kun. Wait. Where's Naruto?!" She panicked and looked around for him. "Sakura,go tell Tsunade-sama. I'll start looking for him!" Sasuke ordered and jumped out from the window. Please be okay dobe. Please be okay.Please.